Author Topic: Citizenship details in US Census 1900  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Momofdoubles

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Citizenship details in US Census 1900
« Reply #36 on: Friday 20 October 17 21:36 BST (UK) »
WOW, my head is spinning!!!! I still can not locate the information Shelly found on Mary, MY GGM who she said died Mar 1, 1927. I would like to get a copy of the information for my records.I have Mary's DOB Oct. 1857 and her arrival to the USA 1866, Married James in 1892. I checked Holy Cross in Yeadon Pa, burial list, there is one James but DOD is 1939 and 3 Marys but they do not match the DOD. According to Shelly's information, she was widowed. Maybe there is a Holy Cross in Ohio?

Also, of note, Mary's parent's last names are the same as the daughter's adoptive parents if she was adopted. Maybe they were related to my GGM. Mrs. Markham in Philadelphia is my Grandmother. For years I thought my grandmother was born in Ireland.

Sandra, you are right. after I saw the Marriage Record of Mary, the daugther, she would be older than Winifred. Maybe because she was given up as a baby. I do have a letter Mary wrote to my GM, she was mentioning my mother's Pregnancy, she was carrying me and they were happy she was finally having a girl. She also mentioned that maybe I would be born on my GM birthday, I was. Mary's DOD was almost two months before my birth.

You and Shelly have found the information I been looking for over a year in a couple days. You have no idea how appreciative I am. Now I have to figure out if Mary's parents moved here from Ireland or maybe she had brothers who moved here and took young Mary. It would be nice if I had a living relative with some Knowledge.

The Washington Crossing National Cemetery is in my Town and just opened a couple years ago. I have to look further into the Heys and Huber names. My Mother is buried in the Hillside Cemetary with her second husband, I'll be driving around looking for the names you mentioned.

I'm trying to get all information in my family tree so my girls and my brothers know the family history, bad or good.

Thanks Sandra and Shelly :)
Robinson, Hayes, Fox, Markham, Pilling, Rathburn, Hawkins, Hess, Hulbert.

Caslin, Maul, Obert

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 20 October 17 21:52 BST (UK) »
Mary Fox partial death cert -

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 21 October 17 14:00 BST (UK) »

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Momofdoubles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 21 October 17 18:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you, may I ask where you found it? I did not find it on Family Search.

Caslin, Maul, Obert

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 21 October 17 19:02 BST (UK) »
Ancestry - Subscription site.

Sandra

Offline Momofdoubles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 22 October 17 05:22 BST (UK) »
That is interesting as the state of Pa has an agreement with Ancestry that any Pa Resident is to have free access to PA Vital records. Every time I went thru the State of PA site that takes you to Ancestry Site, I put in all the info and when gets it, a message wants you to sign up and paid for membership. I'll have to contact both the State and Ancestry to advise them of the problem.

Caslin, Maul, Obert

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 22 October 17 07:54 BST (UK) »
Did you enter your zip code in the form at the bottom of this page, and you will receive a link to the Ancestry.com Pennsylvania search page  ???

http://www.phmc.pa.gov/archives/research-online/pages/ancestry-pa.aspx

Sandra