Author Topic: Latham in Carolinas and Alabama as well as other locations  (Read 511 times)

Offline tempogold

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Latham in Carolinas and Alabama as well as other locations
« on: Tuesday 03 October 17 13:27 BST (UK) »
hello
Mary Elizabeth Latham was born 26/7/1795 in Abbeville ,South Carolina  and dies 24/11/1866 as Mary Posey in Blount Alabama. She married Joseph Harrison Posey in 1809 and they had 20 children.
At this stage i am not interested in taking her line forward as there are quite a few trees on line.
My interest is in confirming
 her parents,Siblings and then to try and   go back as far as is possible--with luck to when the family left England but i am   finding that Latham was a popular name in America as well as England.
Her parents are Charles Latham b 1767 in North Carolina and her mother was called  Cloah ( sorry dont know maiden name. ) Possible marriage around 1793/4.
We can find both her parents on the 1850 American Census in Blount Alabama age 83 with what i assume are grandchildren Nancy Latham 10 and Reuben 7. Charles is on the 1860 census age 94 .
Some suggestion from Trees on line that his father was a William Latham of prince William County Virginia but no records I can see to prove this. An alternative tree lists North Carolina . But without marriage or baptism records I really am at a loss.
So who are her ancestors and siblings.?
Hoping you can help. Many thanks.