Author Topic: Thomas Heywood 1779 Winkleigh Devon - 1826 Crayford Kent  (Read 2574 times)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Heywood 1779 Winkleigh Devon - 1826 Crayford Kent
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 October 17 13:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you Lily M. Courtesy of my drug induced nap have been tossing and turning. Glad I got up ;D

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:04 BST (UK) »
I assumed you were hours from getting up!

I've just spent an enjoyable morning/afternoon trying to tie the Heywood wills together.  But none of what I've found helps with the William married to Arrabella.  Not even having a nephew called William Wildblood!

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 October 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Yes I was disappointed over that one too. Surprisingly there are a lot of Wildbloods.  Doesn't help that Joseph married a Smith. I assumed that some of them were his wives nieces and nephews.Since you have been staring at that list what is your take on the names please?
William went bankrupt not long after marrying Arrabella and last seen in Draper Pensioner Housing at Miles End in 1824 when one of his sons became a Draper. Hence no PCC will for him. Son Joseph Benjamin must have been a hard worker or he or  his wife inherited  from somewhere as he bought an established tea/grocery store.  According to a 13 page rave by a Greatgreat Aunt that has made it to our archives, despite all the preperation for the grand adventure to NZ by his son Joseph Martin, they forgot to get the servants to teach him how to cook ;D

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 October 17 18:22 BST (UK) »
Just a couple of things that I'm not sure that you've already worked out for yourself.

William Heywood is in the Fleet Prison (a debtors prison in London) in mmm (I can't see my note)  Pretty sure it was in 1826 and 1831

Ann Sharp was originally a Heywood.  The sister to Elizabeth who married Richard Wright.

I believe it's this Ann who married Joseph Smith in 1804 St.Giles Cripplegate.  Unfortunately the image is missing from the records.

Ann Smith then went on to marry John Sharp in Southwark 1815 as a widow.
Witnesses were Thomas Heywood and M.S. Heywood

So I'm guessing that she's the Ann Smith, daughter of Thomas Heywood, mentioned in Joseph Heywood's 1810 will.

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 October 17 19:22 BST (UK) »
Another marriage is for Ann's brother Joseph

Joseph Heywood m. Sarah Gardner
1815 St.Giles Cripplegate
Witness Thomas Heywood (the same signature)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 October 17 20:11 BST (UK) »
 ;D No That is ALL new news too me   :o and as I have yet to get any coffee into the system will take some thinking thru   ::). Thank you. Actually had seen the Sarah Gardener listing yesterday but had yet to persue it.

Offline Lily M

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 October 17 20:55 BST (UK) »
Charlotte Tilley of Blackfriars Road - from Ann Sharp's will - is confusing

I can see a Charlotte Tilley born there 1819 parents William Joshua Tilley and Sarah

The nearest I can see of a marriage is for a Faculty Marriage Licence in 1836 for William Joshua Tilley and Sarah Hayward

No image and no marriage

I must put this away for the evening now.  Good luck with your days research

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 October 17 21:22 BST (UK) »
Was beginning to wonder if you actually slept. My note was for a 29 July  1804 for the Joseph Heywood to Sarah Gardener marriage.  I assume that 1815 was a typo.
The 1844 will of Ellen Heywood reads as if she was the widow of the Joseph who died in 1810. They carted her body all the way to Emsworth where she is next to him.
So who (and where does he fit in) is the Joseph Heywood who married Sarah Gardener.?
The 1844 dead Ellen Heywood was nee Smith. Is she a sister to the Joseph Smith who married Ann Heywood I wonder.
So if Ann Heywood and Elizabeth Heywood are siblings are they also  siblings to Joseph c 1742-1810, Thomas ? -1808 , and my William ? -  to sometime after 1831 debtors prison.
And if he made it to 1831 is he the William with a short will leaving everything to wife Sarah  in 1835.
All questions for when you get up. Certainly would be more convenient if the planet was flat.

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 October 17 21:35 BST (UK) »
Actually the other half of the house is due home  from visiting their whanau  down line so it is house cleaning today  if I am to avoid it  being KiwiHugh 1961 - 2017.