Author Topic: Isabella Geddes Booth  (Read 2321 times)

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Geddes Booth
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:19 BST (UK) »
I have Helen Geddes's death certificate which unfortuntely says that her parents are not known to informant and as yet I have not found the birth certificate.  I maybe foolishly took her birth date by the death certificate ( 79 years old in 1883).  Thanks for all your help.
Manson, Wilson, Copland, Craighead, Youngson, Ross, Thomson, Smith, Horn

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:21 BST (UK) »
Where did she die & who was the informant? As already requested, what did Jane's marriage certifcate state about her parents?
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:22 BST (UK) »
There is another possible death entry for your Isabella,in Peterhead. Isabella Booth died in 1900 aged 75.
flst 
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:27 BST (UK) »
Janes birth certificate states: 1844 January 20th Isabella Booth in Peterhead an unmarried woman had a daughter born - baptised and named Jane.
Janes Marriage certificate gives James Lemon as dad and Isabella Booth as mum (I do not think that they ever married and that he went on to marry someone else).

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:30 BST (UK) »
Informant for death of Helen Geddes was Peter Copland and it looks like it says he is Grandson

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 04 October 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
Isabella Chalmers, nee Booth died in 1899,aged 89. As per scotlandspeople.
that does seem quite conclusive. As I am sure you are aware, I do not trust anything I find online unless it is an image of an original document, and certainly not tress on A******y, myH******e and so on.

Janes birth certificate states: 1844 January 20th Isabella Booth in Peterhead an unmarried woman had a daughter born - baptised and named Jane.
That's not a birth certificate; it's an extract from the Registers of Baptisms. Birth certificates did not exist before 1855.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 05 October 17 08:41 BST (UK) »
On searching DO I found a burial for Isabella Booth 20th January 1854 at the Old Churchyard Peterhead.  It says she lived in the Longate which is the road leading on from North Street where she was in 1851 census.  It may be just someone with the same name but age wise it fits.  I will see if a relative can visit the churchyard and see if there is any information.  Thanks everyone for you help.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 05 October 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
On searching DO I found a burial for Isabella Booth 20th January 1854 at the Old Churchyard Peterhead.  It says she lived in the Longate which is the road leading on from North Street where she was in 1851 census.  It may be just someone with the same name but age wise it fits.  I will see if a relative can visit the churchyard and see if there is any information.
If her mother was a pauper it's unlikely there will be a stone. The burial records are held by Aberdeenshire Council (probably in their Peterhead office) but they charge heftily to let you see them, and Deceased Online has an image of that anyway, so no point trying the council office.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline themonkeymonkey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 05 October 17 12:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the help Forfarian  :).