Author Topic: William Tindal Junior, born around 1691, in Coleby  (Read 897 times)

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Tindal Junior, born around 1691, in Coleby
« on: Thursday 05 October 17 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hello there,

The above person was one of my 7x Great Grandad's.
He was a son of William Tindal. Family search has his baptism as the 26th of February 1692 in Coleby. I believe other sources suggest 1690/91.

He married four times:

1. Mary Rush, on the 29th of Dec 1718, in Coleby.
Mary: "Wife of William Tindall jr, Weaver." was buried on the 4th of November 1719 in Coleby.

2. Mary Bee (who was possibly a Cousin) on the 25th of Apr 1722, in Coleby.
Mary was buried on the 31 Mar 1725 in Coleby. I believe again the burial record stated something like: "Wife of Wm. Tindal junior, Weaver."

3. Elizabeth Ward(e), on the 14 Nov 1727, in Coleby.
Elizabeth (ditto for the same information as the previous wives on burial register) was buried on the 2nd of April 1734, in Coleby.

4. Livewell Toinby: He married Livewell, on the 9th of May 1734, in Coleby.
As you can see, this is only just over a month after his previous Wife had been buried!

Livewell was one of my 7x Great Grandma's. She was the Mother of one of my 6x Great Grandad's, Samuel.

In the meantime, William Tindal SENIOR, was buried on the 19th of Aug 1743, in Coleby.
William senior's Wife, Ursula, was also buried in the same year. I can't seem to find a marriage for an Ursula, and this William Tindal.

Livewell Tindal, was buried on the 11th of Apr 1756, in Coleby.

I'm very sorry for this long winded explanation. I won't go into all of the various children from William junior's marriage. But there seems to be a very good family tree which details them here:
https://www.werelate.org/wiki/Person:William_Tindall_%289%29

I am trying to find a burial in Coleby, for this above William please. I have found two burials for a William Tindal, on "Freereg", both in the 1760's:

The first I found was a William Tindal buried on the 5th of June, 1766 in Coleby. But in the burial register for this man, his occupation was put down as a: "Shepherd". I believe that this was another William Tindal, in Coleby, who married a: "Katherine" Challance, in the 1720's in Coleby: From "Freereg", the baptisms of the children show he was a "Shepherd".

The only possible burial I have found on "Freereg" which could be my William junior, is the 5th of June 1764. But in the register, for his occupation, it gives his job as: "Parish Clerk".
I am not sure of this William's occupation, when his Wife Livewell, was buried in Coleby, in 1756

How possible would it be please, that somebody who had been a Weaver, would have gone on to have been a parish Clerk?

I apologise for this very long winded introduction, but wanted to put as much information down as possible.

Any information regarding the above at all would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you very much.  :) ;)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: William Tindal Junior, born around 1691, in Coleby
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 October 17 13:03 BST (UK) »
Coleby PRs have this:

Ursula ye wife of William Tindal snr weaver was buried May ye 25th 1742.

William Tindal snr weaver buried 14th August 1742.

I see no reason why a weaver couldn't also be a parish clerk.

Do you know of any of your Tindals who moved up to East Yorkshire? I have come to a full stop with my Richard Tindal who married in North Newbald in 1710.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline RobinRedBreast

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Tindal Junior, born around 1691, in Coleby
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 17 14:31 BST (UK) »
Coleby PRs have this:

Ursula ye wife of William Tindal snr weaver was buried May ye 25th 1742.

William Tindal snr weaver buried 14th August 1742.

I see no reason why a weaver couldn't also be a parish clerk.

Do you know of any of your Tindals who moved up to East Yorkshire? I have come to a full stop with my Richard Tindal who married in North Newbald in 1710.

Jill
Hello There,

Yes thank you, I knew about the burials of William Tindal senior, and his Wife Ursula.
I also knew that William Tindal senior was also a Weaver.

Regarding Tindals who moved up to East Yorkshire, I am not aware of any I'm afraid.

But there may me some people here on "Rootschat", who might possibly be able to help you regarding this.

Thanks.  :) ;)