Author Topic: Finding buried infants of Thomas jarvis and grace Kent  (Read 1234 times)

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding buried infants of Thomas jarvis and grace Kent
« on: Thursday 05 October 17 11:50 BST (UK) »
Thomas Jarvis married 19 Nov. 1671 Soham to Grace Kent.  I can't find her baptism anywhere.  "Grace Jarvis wife of Thomas" was buried 6 Apr. 1689 at Soham. They had maybe 9 or 10 children,  7 of whom were buried as infants or very young children.  A Thomas Gervase married 20 Oct. 1690 to Sarah Kent.  I think this may be the same Thomas Jarvis in a second marriage, but perhaps not.  It would have helped a lot if it said he was a widower, but it did not.   Thomas and Sarah had 6 children, four of whom died very young.

Please I need help finding Thomas jarvis and grace kents children
And Thomas gervase and sarah kents children I would be most greatful please
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding buried infants of Thomas jarvis and grace Kent
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 October 17 16:16 BST (UK) »
I guess you will probably have found quite a bit of information on Family search, but here goes if you haven't. Thomas Jarvis born to mother Sarah 30/6/1650 Soham. The only deaths I found for children were John Jarvis b.4/12/1687 d.13/3/1691-Soham. Grace Jarvis b.15/6/1684 d.28/5/1696. I could not find a baptism for a Grace Kent, but there were three sisters born at Isleworth in Cambridgeshire about that time, and maybe Grace was not her first name. They were Elizabeth 1654; Sarah 1651 and Katherine 1647. There are quite a lot of trees online also for this family, but of course you will need to check everything out first.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks