Author Topic: Baptism Flint Parish Records  (Read 6210 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Flint Parish Records
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 07 October 17 09:21 BST (UK) »
I looked at that possibility,but am not sure that is the pairing from the four involved in the record as I found an Abel Griffiths with wife Sarah in Ponkey,Wrexham in 1871 who looked about the right age.I haven't yet found the opposite pairing,Thomas and Esther Davies,so I wouldn't rule it out altogether.(The NorthWalesBMD site is equally ambivalent)
I'll look again later.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 07 October 17 09:58 BST (UK) »
I think we can rule out the 1848 marriage,WRJ,as the couple were probably born 1833-1835 and we now think we have one of them in the 1851 census.
As for the 1854 possibility,I suspect that I can't find the "reverse" pairing in 1861 as there is a death of an Esther Davies aged 30 in Wrexham area.
It still doesn't rule it out altogether,but only an enquiry to the Registry Office may confirm it.

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 07 October 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
The two daughteer in 187 may be significant if were looking at Thoms and Ann and Edward and Mary as their respective Parents?Looking at Sarah Griffiths I can see little alternative.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:46 BST (UK) »
1854.. it's in a civil reg index, though handwritten. The only way to know is to apply for a copy of it I guess.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Davies, Griffiths, Griffith, Jones, Ellis. Flintshire, Wales.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 07 October 17 13:44 BST (UK) »
Another marriage to consider is one at Northwood Holy Trinity,Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire between a Sarah Griffiths and a Thomas Davies in 1858.Now many Flintshire people including my own relatives went to the Potteries to live and find work around this time.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 07 October 17 13:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks wrj. Yes, I saw that too. But the daughter of this pair, Mary Davies (if correct pair!) was born in Flint in 1861/62. So I think we're looking for a marriage in or near Flint, unless they just went there for a short period.
I almost started from scratch this morning and looked again at all census records that could include any grouping which work in case I'd missed something. But I still come back to Thomas Davies and Sarah. There isn't really any other pair that works. There is a Thomas and Elizabeth but they still have their Mary with them I think in 1881, when I know mine was in Liverpool by that point. I did wonder if the whole family decamped to Liverpool, but then I find Sarah and Thomas living and dying in Flint/Northop, and no suitable Thos/Sarah pair in Liverpool.
There are two Mary Davis's born Flint in 1861/62 so I've ordered both copies from the GRO and hope they prove definitive, at least as far as mother's maiden name goes, though it won't of course help with the marriage place/date.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 07 October 17 14:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks wrj. Yes, I saw that too. But the daughter of this pair, Mary Davies (if correct pair!) was born in Flint in 1861/62. So I think we're looking for a marriage in or near Flint, unless they just went there for a short period.
I almost started from scratch this morning and looked again at all census records that could include any grouping which work in case I'd missed something. But I still come back to Thomas Davies and Sarah. There isn't really any other pair that works. There is a Thomas and Elizabeth but they still have their Mary with them I think in 1881, when I know mine was in Liverpool by that point. I did wonder if the whole family decamped to Liverpool, but then I find Sarah and Thomas living and dying in Flint/Northop, and no suitable Thos/Sarah pair in Liverpool.
There are two Mary Davis's born Flint in 1861/62 so I've ordered both copies from the GRO and hope they prove definitive, at least as far as mother's maiden name goes, though it won't of course help with the marriage place/date.

I wouldn't dismiss it too readily,some of my relatives who moved to Staffordshire from Flint were back an too almost every year or so!

Regards
William Russell jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 07 October 17 14:24 BST (UK) »

I wouldn't dismiss it too readily,some of my relatives who moved to Staffordshire from Flint were back an too almost every year or so!

Regards
William Russell jones.

Also,surely some should be able to give you a look up on the Marriage in 1858?Put a request on the Staffordshire Forum.

Regards
William Russell Jjones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 07 October 17 14:27 BST (UK) »
Good plan! I did look at that marriage and checked census records. I seem to recall that pair having their own family. I could be wrong. It's a while ago.