Author Topic: Baptism Flint Parish Records  (Read 6226 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Flint Parish Records
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:01 BST (UK) »
I'll be able to sleep tonight.. can you believe this kept me awake last night worrying that the whole lot was completely wrong and I've have to start again.
Obviously Rootschat does not like acronyms .. I did not say blimey!
Thank you again.

Ha,yes it certainly gets to you at times!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:03 BST (UK) »
Yes, just checked FindMyPast. There can be little doubt. I don't know the area at all and my history of coal mining there is sketchy .. it was before Arthur Scargill's time, but I get the feeling looking at the Census records that people were fairly poor. So they would go where there was work. But they must have come back.. perhaps to be near family once they had children, though Sarah's mother was already dead.
Both Thomas and Sarah signed with a x, as did both witnesses.
That is a little different from the families in Devon, Southport and Liverpool.. most people could sign their names by the 1860s.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Davies, Griffiths, Griffith, Jones, Ellis. Flintshire, Wales.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:07 BST (UK) »
Yes, just checked FindMyPast. There can be little doubt. I don't know the area at all and my history of coal mining there is sketchy .. it was before Arthur Scargill's time, but I get the feeling looking at the Census records that people were fairly poor. So they would go where there was work. But they must have come back.. perhaps to be near family once they had children, though Sarah's mother was already dead.
Both Thomas and Sarah signed with a x, as did both witnesses.
That is a little different from the families in Devon, Southport and Liverpool.. most people could sign their names by the 1860s.

I do hope you might go back further than Thomas Davies Snr.I have a Davies family in Flint in the mid 1700s that needs bringing up to date!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:13 BST (UK) »
Although the age is a few years out(given born 1840!),could it be Thomas(without Sarah) at 32 Bow Street,Stoke in the 1861 census?
I'll see if I can find Sarah separately.

Regards
Roger

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:15 BST (UK) »
 I do hope you might go back further than Thomas Davies Snr.I have a Davies family in Flint in the mid 1700s that needs bringing up to date!

I'm certainly going to try. I did start that a couple of days ago but lost confidence in the whole family. I'm back on it. There look to be a couple of options, but for some reason, all my searches in Flint/Flintshire lead to rather opaque results. Now of course, I'll have to start on the Parish Registers .. much trickier in a strange area. I'm not sure where most of them except except for the St. Mary's ones.
Searle, Searell, Searell, Bradridge, Furneaux, Mann, Palk(e), Webber, Caunter, Cantor, Scoble, Leatherbe(e), Pope , Bowden, Full, Colling, Widecomb. Harvey, Solomon, Willis, Grylls, Alger, Chugg, Rouse, Bunker, Richards, Hawkins. Devon.
Robinson, Dennison, Birch, Howard, Barton, Jones, Rigby, Rimmer, Rhymer, Johnson, Marshall, Lunt, Ball, Illingworth, Hesketh, Taylor, Bolton, Abram, Spencer, Blundell. Lancashire.

Offline Jane Lucas

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 07 October 17 15:22 BST (UK) »
Although the age is a few years out(given born 1840!),could it be Thomas(without Sarah) at 32 Bow Street,Stoke in the 1861 census?

That could be him couldn't it.. age as you say a little out, but as it was the head of the family who completed the Census for transcription, he might very well not have known exact age of a lodger. Thomas might not have been there to answer for himself.