Author Topic: Henry Robinson poss Sunderland/RN  (Read 717 times)

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Henry Robinson poss Sunderland/RN
« on: Thursday 05 October 17 20:41 BST (UK) »
Please help find Henry:

Henry Robinson marriage 2 Apr 1940 to Nancy Willcocks in Uplyme, Devon (Honiton district).
Marriage cert gives the following info on Henry:
He was age 22, bachelor, leading seaman RN, address HMS Pengbourne 30 South Street Sunderland, father = Henry Robinson deceased, assistant pathologist.

I guess was in Devon re RN dockyard or ship and Sunderland address was parents, medical connection?

I've tried every place I can think of, I can't even find any of them on the 1939 register, nothing, I'm just going round in circles.

If anyone has time and would like a challenge, this is it, good luck

Thanks in advance of any help or suggestions

Patches

Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Robinson poss Sunderland/RN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 October 17 22:06 BST (UK) »
If Henry was in the Royal Navy I don't think that he'd be recorded on the 1939 register as it only collected details of every member of the civilian population.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/

Chances are that his father was already dead by 1939 - any idea of his mother's name?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Patches

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Robinson poss Sunderland/RN
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 October 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
Hi
Thanks that explains the 1939  :(

I have no idea who his mum was, I can't find his dad either, Robinson is a popular name, there are lots of them and the only other clue was his job, so hitting a brick wall so early on is a shame

Thanks for your help
Patches

Kent - Jones, Wigley, Rigden, Philpott, Perry, Irwin, Booker, Durling, Saker, Venner, Nutting, Giles, McNalty, Burley, Crowhurst, Ford & Roots,
Sussex - Badcock,  Barden, Barham, Bridger, Carey, Courthope, Crampton, Ford, Wright, Dadswell, Okill, Elliott, Hepden, Jarrett, Foster, Marchant, Selmes and Warnett
Fife/Mayo - McNalty
Bucks - Folley & Spufford