Author Topic: Tenyall  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Neilok64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tenyall
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:14 BST (UK) »
Quick update(I've been busy with work)

I did a bit of reserch with the Charlotte Card Plaxtol and found the right family on somebody's tree (searched google),father Philip mother Rebecca and some of the children named aswell and this Charlotte is showing she married a William Howard but the tree says she died in 1891 :-( so unless this is a error it doesn't fit.

Yes in the 1911 census it says Peckham,London but searching for William in the 1891 census it shows his wife as Charlotte Card b Peckham kent :-( totally confused now.

Thanks for helping

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 07 October 17 11:30 BST (UK) »
I think that it is West Peckham, Kent rather than Peckham London, as everything else fits. Even though I live in the SE of England, I'd only heard of the London one until a few years ago

If you look at the actual image of the 1911 census, it doesn't say Peckham, London it just says Peckham, so I don't know where you are getting your information from.

I'm 99% sure we have the right family and that the tree you've found has the wrong death.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 07 October 17 12:04 BST (UK) »
A possible death, not too far from where she was in 1911?

Charlotte Howard
Death Age:   71
Registration Date:   Dec 1921
Prescot Lancashire
Volume:   8b
Page:   747

Offline Neilok64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 07 October 17 12:48 BST (UK) »
 :D Thanks Groom,I've let my ancestry account lapse,had a break from it all then got back into it because a friend started researching my tree so we have a shared tree,I can search but not see all information and on the details(not a certificate)of Williams wife Charlotte it said Peckham,London(maybe a error).

I've found some contact information from the Philip Card tree so I might e-mail them to ask about Charlotte and I do agree it could be the wrong death year.

You are correct on my tree I have her year of death as 1921,Prescot is a Registration district

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 07 October 17 14:27 BST (UK) »
:D Thanks Groom,I've let my ancestry account lapse,had a break from it all then got back into it because a friend started researching my tree so we have a shared tree,I can search but not see all information and on the details(not a certificate)of Williams wife Charlotte it said Peckham,London(maybe a error).

I guess that whoever has that on their tree has never heard of East and West Peckham in Kent so just assumed it was the London one. It definitely doesn't say London on the census image.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 08 October 17 03:21 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, I think I might have added to the confusion, I was looking at the 1911 census but only the transcription on familysearch which says Peckham London. Should have checked the original before I posted in reply #13  :-[

Good finds groom and William!

Offline Neilok64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 08 October 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry, I think I might have added to the confusion, I was looking at the 1911 census but only the transcription on familysearch which says Peckham London. Should have checked the original before I posted in reply #13  :-[

Good finds groom and William!

That's ok Maddy I had seen it somewhere aswell,probably done the same as you.

Just goes to show you need to check the original documentation ;-)