Author Topic: Westmorland PRs on line  (Read 2970 times)

Offline MaecW

• RootsChat Senior
  • Yma o hyd
    • View Profile
Westmorland PRs on line
« on: Friday 06 October 17 01:18 BST (UK) »
I can't find on-line copies of the PRs for the Kendal area , either C of E or non-conformist.
The Westmorland OPC site only leads to a very limited set of extractions and Family Search have IGI entries but no photos.  Has nobody filmed them yet or am I looking in the wrong places ?
Maec
Baron (of Blackburn), Chadwick (Oswaldtwistle), Watkins (Swansea), Jones (x3 Swansea), Colton (Shropshire), Knight (Shropshire/Montgomery) , Bullen (Norfolk), White (Dorset)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Westmorland PRs on line
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 09:33 BST (UK) »
Have you read the Westmorland page on GenUKI?

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/WES#ChurchRecords
(I have no idea how up-to-date the information is?)

Not all counties have digitised their parish records, so you may just have to be patient. ;D

Another informative site is Cumbria Family History Society:
http://cumbriafhs.com/cgi-bin/cumbria/main.pl?action=parish_registers

Also, try their Parish Map ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline MaecW

• RootsChat Senior
  • Yma o hyd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 October 17 12:07 BST (UK) »
Thank you but I have viewed the various sources you suggest without much success, which is why I wanted to view the originals if possible.
I am well aware that not all parishes have had their records digitised but, with more organisations working on this, i thought it possible that I might have missed them somewhere.

I am used to being patient, it took twenty-odd years to finally identify some dim and distant ancestors, which in turn took me back another couple of generations into the early 1600s. :).  It is a group of related families that that I am trying to track here.
Baron (of Blackburn), Chadwick (Oswaldtwistle), Watkins (Swansea), Jones (x3 Swansea), Colton (Shropshire), Knight (Shropshire/Montgomery) , Bullen (Norfolk), White (Dorset)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 October 17 12:23 BST (UK) »
Always worth looking at the familysearch catalog - if they have been digitised you may be able to view them at a family search centre.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 October 17 02:04 BST (UK) »
Worth a look here.
Archersoftware.co.uk/igi
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire