Author Topic: Anderson from Gladesville Sydney.  (Read 2594 times)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson from Gladesville Sydney.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 October 17 22:27 BST (UK) »
Did his family celebrate his birthday.....what day and month?

Can you please list everything on the marriage certificate, 1939.

Details about Eileen will be useful.

Why did they move to NZ, and then marry, if they met in NSW?

Did he give his own name, Herbert / Harold to a son?  Did he name a son Arthur, a daughter Florence, Rose etc.....might suggest degree of attachment to his own family.

I do not want to identify living sons and daughters, but can you consider their names with this purpose.

If the birth certificates of his children ask for age and birthplace of father, are these records consistent for age and birthplace (name of informant is useful here).

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 October 17 22:59 BST (UK) »
Did his family celebrate his birthday.....what day and month?

Can you please list everything on the marriage certificate, 1938.

Details about Eileen will be useful.

Why did they move to NZ, and then marry, if they met in NSW?

Did he give his own name, Herbert / Harold to a son?  Did he name a son Arthur, a daughter Florence, Rose etc.....might suggest degree of attachment to his own family.

I do not want to identify living sons and daughters, but can you consider their names with this purpose.

If the birth certificates of his children ask for age and birthplace of father, are these records consistent for age and birthplace (name of informant is useful here).

Yes they celebrated his birthday - 6th Nov, it was easy to remember because of Guy Fawkes was day before.

His marriage certificate states:
Reg No: 2975 District of Auckland
St Benedict Church

Name: Harold Herbert Anderson
Rank or Profession: Labourer
Bachelor
Birth Place: Sydney
Father: William John Anderson, Seaman
Mother: Florence Anderson, nee Wright

Name: Eileen Mary Veronica Mulhern
Rank or Profession:
Spinister
Birth Place: Opotiki
Father: Patrick Joseph Mulhern
Mother: Isabella Mulhern, nee Parkinson

Marriage was solemnised between:
Herbert Harold Anderson & Eileen Mary Veronica Mulhern.

In the presents of: William Frederick Thatcher & Nora Bacon

The only thing abnormal on marriage certificate is his name is stated as Harold Herbert in names of parties, however Herbert Harold in solemnised between.

They moved to NZ because my grandmother was originally from NZ. She went home, and he followed here. They ended up moving on to the family farm as Eileens father had died a few years before and her brothers had enlisted for WWI so they looked after the farm while the boys were away at war.

2 of his sons have second names of Herbert and William - no other info except for mother's and father's name on their birth certificates. No age or birth place of parents etc on birth certificates. Name of Sponsors are John & Molly Mulhern - Eileens brother and his wife.

Herbert did go back to AU once to see the melbourne cup in early 60's (maybe 63) - by boat, he wouldnt fly.

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 October 17 23:07 BST (UK) »
Just found the Electoral Roll for 21st Oct 1936.
Commonwealth division of Darling.

17. Herbert Harold Anderson, Eurolie, Hay, station hand, M

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 October 17 23:31 BST (UK) »
There is an AU military record from 1916 for Arthur William Anderson, who has listed as next of kin his father William John Anderson, of Glebe Road, Glebe Point, Glebe NSW

If this is the brother, then the father didn't die in his teens.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 October 17 00:39 BST (UK) »
There is an AU military record from 1916 for Arthur William Anderson, who has listed as next of kin his father William John Anderson, of Glebe Road, Glebe Point, Glebe NSW

Jamjar

That i do not know. Its the only match I can find with an arthur and a william john. Glebe is close to Gladesville.. Was just clutching at straws..

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 07 October 17 00:44 BST (UK) »

Jamjar

That i do not know. Its the only match I can find with an arthur and a william john. Glebe is close to Gladesville.. Was just clutching at straws..

Could you direct me to the record, as I can't see it on NAA. What is his military number?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline davonz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 07 October 17 00:50 BST (UK) »
Could you direct me to the record, as I can't see it on NAA. What is his military number?

Jamjar

I found it years ago. There is a number on the top of 19227 - maybe a V infront of it. If you cant see it let me know and I will scan it and put on a server with a link so you can view it.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 07 October 17 01:08 BST (UK) »
V19227, ANDERSON, Arthur William
Attested Melbourne Victoria,7th February, 1916, a Waiter, aged 23 years 10 months, born Glebe, single, nok his father, Mr William John ANDERSON, 240 Glebe Road, Glebe Point, GLEBE.  .   ‘Apparently Deserted, discharged prior to leaving Australia.’

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.