Author Topic: Please help me again with my elusive Lake Family?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline NettyNZ

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Please help me again with my elusive Lake Family?
« on: Friday 06 October 17 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
                 It has been awhile, I hope long enough that you will be kind and have one last look, as
you were so close last time. I have been searching on the Hampshire Gen. Internet site, sometimes
into the early mornings. It is so hard when it's too early for a census to help put family groups
together. I've been trying to expand on the information that you clever people found for me last
time I was on. John Lake married Hesther/ Esther Cummins 24 Aug 1741. Whitchurch. Brides
parish East Woodhay where all their children were baptized all around the date I'm looking for.
Betty 1742,Mary 1743, John1745, Esther 1747, Ann 1754, Sarah 1756, Kitty 1758, Hannah 1760
William 1763. I feel strongly this is the family my 3xGGrandfather was born into. Either to John and
Esther or one of that family. Even illig. to one of the girls. So we are looking for  John Lake
Birth or Bap.1757/59/62. Thank You. Kind Regards. Netty NZ

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me again with my elusive Lake Family?
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Netty

This is the link to the previous post so that people can see what was found before

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=736313.0
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NettyNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 02:18 BST (UK) »
hi Groom,
Good thinking. Thanks for getting onto it so fast. This site is Wonderful!
 Regards all. Netty NZ.

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 November 17 14:51 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if this is going to help or not, and it will need plenty of research as well. There are several trees online with various options-hence the need for checking, and it is in two halves which I have been unable to join up.
Firstly there was a John Lake who married a Catherine Cass 30/10/1713 in Kingsclere Hampshire-they had a son John Lake who married a Jane Martin 19/10/1736 Kingsclere Hampshire-who in turn had a John Lake baptised 26/12/1739.Kingsclere. Then from your previous information about John Lake who married Mary King (online trees say her mother was Mary Prater) -he was born St Mary Bourne 1757 and died 19/4/1844 St Mary Bourne. You would be able to get a death certificate for this one.
Their children were James 1781-Lucy 1788-Mary1792 Isaac 1793 John 1796 died 1873 Whitchurch aged 82 years-you can also get a death certificate for this one that would say who was present at his death-and Hannah 1798 d.1880. regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline NettyNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 November 17 08:35 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Paco,
  Thanks for your reply. It was helpful and reminded me I haven't corrected my own
  Sammons tree online since Nell (Bless her set me straight and pointed out the Kingsclere
   lot weren't the right ones. You're right about plenty more research needed. If I could Just
    slot my John born 1757/8/9 into John and Hesthers family. never mind.
             Kind Regards, Netty NZ.