Author Topic: Patrick O'BRIEN, born Preston (?) 1844  (Read 829 times)

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Patrick O'BRIEN, born Preston (?) 1844
« on: Friday 06 October 17 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Patrick O'BRIEN was released from Parkhurst Prison on 03/01/1861 after a 12 month sentence. His records stated his mother was Bridget O'BRIEN living at Heatley Street, Preston.  In the 1861 Census there is a Bridget O'BRIEN living at Canal Street, Preston.......no Heatley Street and NO Patrick.....but I think the address interesting because Patrick O'BRIEN was originally sentenced for stealing tobacco from a Robert Gregson in Canal Street.

I cannot find any reference to Patrick O'BRIEN in my research :'(   Can anyone help please.  There is another possibility for his mother in 1881 with husband Thomas.

Thank you

BAC3

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick O'BRIEN, born Preston (?) 1844
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 October 17 17:00 BST (UK) »
That 1861 census:
RG09/3131/74/35
Canal Street, Preston

Obrien, Bridget  Head/Lodger  Married  F  40  b Ireland
Obrien, William  Son  M  0  b Liverpool

Or:
RG09/3131/81/50
Canal Street, Preston
a Roach family
O Brien, Bridget  Head/Lodger  Widow  F  48  b Ireland
O Brien, Dennis  Lodger's son  M  10  b Preston
O Brien, John  Lodgers son  M  4  b Preston
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 October 17 19:29 BST (UK) »
Just out of interest have you eliminated Partick and Dominic Obrian boarding with Daniel Carty in 1861 Preston

Thomas Obrian aged 28 born Ireland  boarding at 32 Heatley Street in 1881
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 October 17 20:37 BST (UK) »

I cannot find any reference to Patrick O'BRIEN in my research :'(   Can anyone help please.  There is another possibility for his mother in 1881 with husband Thomas.

Thank you

BAC3

Bridget and Thomas from 1881 are together on 1861 in Clarence St, Preston. they have 8 children, ranging from 20 to 4, but no Patrick, and appear to have immigrated no more than 4 yrs previously, as all children born Ireland

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 07 October 17 20:51 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of marriages,Preston in the 1850's for Bridget Obrian have you considered his mother  may have remarried before 1861
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:00 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all your help..............but, Mr. O'BRIEN remains something of a "pimpernel" ::)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:53 BST (UK) »
so do you have information on him after his release

Offline BAC3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 07 October 17 22:59 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, that is my problem.     I know nothing about him pre- and post-imprisonment, except for knowledge of his mother ???

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 08 October 17 08:23 BST (UK) »
so is he an ancestor, I am trying to help but other than his conviction which I have read in the newspapers ,i is a real challenge,are you trying to fit him into your family via a marriage or are you just interested in the name Obrian