Author Topic: THOMPSON - George and Rosey (McClements) of Dungiven  (Read 2107 times)

Offline jewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: THOMPSON - George and Rosey (McClements) of Dungiven
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Hallmark:
First let me say thank you for taking the time to looking up information on the Thompson family.  I realize there are discrepancies with the ages for George between the 1901 and 1911 census but so often this field cannot be relied upon as being the gospel truth.  Taking into consideration all the other details that are listed on both census ie other family names, approx. ages and given names I am fairly confident that I have the correct George Thompson.  I do already have a copy of the parish record for the marriage of George and Rosey but do appreciate the added information you posted on acquiring a formal certificate.  The information you listed for Rose Thompson re her death, I have already checked into and, unfortunately, it is not her.  I will continue to push onward in the hopes that all the pieces will eventually come together and again, thank you for all the effort you put into my request posting.  It is people such as yourself that prove that family tree researchers are a special group of folk.  Have a great day...Julia
Mitchell; Wiltshire; Boxall; Walsh; Bristol/Gloucestershire area; Croydon/Surrey area

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:19 BST (UK) »
So you know who their father was, possibly townland, so  did any siblings apply for Pension?
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline jewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:25 BST (UK) »
Hello again.  In reply to your question, I honestly do not know.  I have not come across any information that confirms or denies that pensions were applied for by the siblings.  Sorry I can't give you more information than that.  I do know that William, the one son, did leave Ireland about 1916 and settled in Scotland and eventually emigrated to Canada.  Beyond that I have no idea what the siblings did or what they may have applied for. 
Julia
Mitchell; Wiltshire; Boxall; Walsh; Bristol/Gloucestershire area; Croydon/Surrey area

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:38 BST (UK) »
If they did you'd get 1851 Census extract for them.....
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline jewell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 07 October 17 21:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hallmark...appreciate the information....

Offline bettina53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 23:06 BST (UK) »
Have sent you a PM