Author Topic: Dorothy Holcombe 1986 obit  (Read 833 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dorothy Holcombe 1986 obit
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 October 17 05:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Ed,
I don't know if a picture of Wilfred G Meiers can help rule him in or out, but he is listed (with picture) here:

http://brantford.library.on.ca/files/pdfs/localhistory/albumhonour.pdf

It is a book to honour the WW2 Brantford service men and women.
He is on page 63 of the pdf.  There are a couple of other Meiers in the book as well.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 October 17 16:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks bbart. I have seen the picture. He seems to be an older person but date of picture unknown
My guy had 2 brothers Lorne and John who died in 1919 and 3 sisters Dorothy(1912-1986), Myrtle(1923-2012) and Norma(1926-2013). Parents Sidney and Edith both died in Brantford(1949 and 1954 respectively) but are buried in Simcoe, Norfolk Co. So the family was in Brantford for a period of time.

Ed
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 November 17 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Bit of an update
I managed to search voting records and saw that Wilfred and wife in Hamilton in 1935. I had a look at Ontario microfilm for 1929-32 but there is no record of a marriage. Also tried to contact a RAOGK volunteer to see if there were any obits but did not get a reply. So no further ahead.

Ed
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire