Author Topic: Walsh family Emmet Place  (Read 2502 times)

Offline patmar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Walsh family Emmet Place
« on: Sunday 08 October 17 21:36 BST (UK) »
Through Ancestry DNA Test have recently had the great luck in crashing a 23 year old brick wall. This makes me related closely to a Walsh family that lived in Emmet Place in late 1940's. On Voters list there was 6 in the family, Patrick and Anastasia and I presume their 4 children, Maureen, Helen, Noel (Think its Noel anyway) and Frank/Francis. Would there be 1950's and 1960's Voter Lists available to check if the family continued to live at Emmet Place ? Appreciate any help please

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Walsh family Emmet Place
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 October 17 22:16 BST (UK) »

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 October 17 22:21 BST (UK) »

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 October 17 22:26 BST (UK) »

Offline patmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 October 17 22:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sinnan. Unfortunately ( fortunate really !) I have that info already including Patrick's death in 1950. Also have a marriage for one of the children, Maureen, in Essex in 1960 and it is her son I matched with on Ancestry DNA. Not sure but I might have frightened him away as I sent him a message through Ancestry a few weeks ago and still awaiting a reply for him. He did give me info that confirmed fully the family connection and also that there are family still in Limerick. Not actually looking for the living family here but rather the 3 siblings of Maureen, Helen, Noel and Frank. Maureen passed away in 2000 and I am presuming the other 3 children also. Through Limerick Studies I did get great info but am interesting in knowing if Voters Lists post 1950 are available in Limerick  City Library. Thanks again for your efforts

Offline Southwold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Noelle died 14th September 2017 aged 91 in Farnham England.Frank is alive and living in Limerick he is nearly 90.Ita was also a sibling who nursed in England from age  17 and died in 2010 aged 89.Helen is also deceased.Margaret the youngest daughter is also still alive and living in Limerick.

Offline patmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this info. Would love to know your connection to the family. We were down in Limerick last Saturday week just for the day and intend a longer trip soon to do more intense searching. Didnt know about Ita and Margaret and in fact could not find any births to Patrick and Anastasia. Our link from DNA Test is with a Peter Roberts who has not responded to our last message on Ancestry, we fear the news of our existence might have disturbed him. At this stage the urge is to simply discover if we have family links still alive in Limerick or anywhere else

Offline Southwold

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 November 17 21:46 GMT (UK) »
I am a grandchild of Anastasia and Patrick.The name Peter Roberts is not known to me as a family member but I will have a chat with my relatives to see if they are aware of any Roberts and get back to you.