Author Topic: Norman Morrison b1790 Applecross/Gairloch - looking for parents/birth location  (Read 2628 times)

Offline whatkaileysaid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
hahaha. I think you are right that the author really didn't know what he was talking about. And no - I was just reviewing the Portlair census and there are no mentions of a ferryman. Just Normand as an ag worker, an 80-year-old relation of his wife also ag worker, and a brother-in-law fisherman. I also just cannot imagine that a ferry at Portlair and a trek over the moor would be a desired route given alternative options. Very odd!!

And Skoosh, sounds like quite an adventure! Will remember about a possible lunch in Badachro...might skip on the yacht.

Morison (Isle of Lewis), Mclennan (Torridon), Mcleod (Scourie), McCallum (Durness), McInnes (Harris), McGillivray / McIntosh (Daviot & Dunlichity)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.