Author Topic: Look up Please Tasmanian Marriage Record - John Stanley Exell  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up Please Tasmanian Marriage Record - John Stanley Exell
« on: Monday 09 October 17 08:47 BST (UK) »
To whom this may concern,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to look up the marriage between John Stanley Exell or Excell and Helena (Ellen) Beatrice Owens in 1903.

I am not really sure how much detail I am able to get (I am particularly looking for John's birth and his mother name.)

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,
Kerryn

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Please Tasmanian Marriage Record - John Stanley Exell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 October 17 09:01 BST (UK) »
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html
To get more detail you will need to purchase the certificate.
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 October 17 09:40 BST (UK) »
Kerryn are you reading the information that has already been posted on reply#32 on this thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=472168.0

I gave you details of the information from my resource which actually has more information that the database entry you have copied and pasted from Ancestry.  We have been asked not to copy and paste info from other websites as in many cases it breaches copyright and terms of use.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 October 17 10:13 BST (UK) »
Kerryn are you reading the information that has already been posted on reply#32 on this thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=472168.0

I gave you details of the information from my resource which actually has more information that the database entry you have copied and pasted from Ancestry.  We have been asked not to copy and paste info from other websites as in many cases it breaches copyright and terms of use.

Cando

Hi,

Yes I have seen your forum post. Unfortunately, it does not give me the information I am after. Hence why I am asking for this information to be looked up.

I can see from the previous post that the information I am after will not tell me what I want which is fine. I will have to explore other avenues.

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 October 17 10:16 BST (UK) »
http://www.jaunay.com/bdm.html
To get more detail you will need to purchase the certificate.

Hi Warncoort,

That you for sending me that link. It is amazing how each state and territory have different things on their certificates!

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 01:53 BST (UK) »
Yes, each jurisdiction that forms part of the federation of the Commonwealth of Australia has their own legislative bodies.  Before federation, each state was a separate self-governing British Colony and their respective parliaments made their own statute laws.  Federation did not merge each of those colonies, nor abolish their parliaments.   

So the various administrative systems for BDMs can be thought of as just like England's birth, death, marriage certs that have scant information when compared to say Scotland's certs.  Of course, England and Scotland are two of the jurisdictions that make up the United Kingdom...   You can also see the differences when you consider there's 50 states that make up the US of A, different rules for the different states there too.   

From RChat's Australia Resources Board :
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=574209.0

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline clancam37

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 05:20 BST (UK) »
John Stanley Exell married Ellin Beatrice Owens Tasmania 1903 Reg: 1176.
Cannot find an entry in TROVE or in Tasmanian State Library online.
Will be at the our State Library tomorrow (Wednesday) and see what I can find.
Kind regards
clancam37

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 05:48 BST (UK) »
clancam37......Kerryn has been given information on the linked thread http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=472168.0  which included the place of marriage.  The information she requires is the groom's parents' names and his age and place of birth.  Needed to validate the father's name which was shown on the South Australian Marriage registration.  Stated he was born Victoria c1880 on the first child's birth certificate.  There is more on TROVE about him in Tasmania but I'll leave that to Kerryn or you to find.

EXCELL John Stanley
OWEN Ellen Beatrice   
At Stanley 16 Mar 1903  Reg#1176
Cando

Why do you think their marriage announcement would be in TROVE?  They married on 16 Mar 1903 and their dau was born 29 May 1903.  Doubt they would be advertising the marriage.  You will notice that I linked the birth certificate of their first child...also on the linked thread.

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Kezzza

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 07:27 BST (UK) »
John Stanley Exell married Ellin Beatrice Owens Tasmania 1903 Reg: 1176.
Cannot find an entry in TROVE or in Tasmanian State Library online.
Will be at the our State Library tomorrow (Wednesday) and see what I can find.
Kind regards
clancam37

Hi Clancam,

Thank you for looking appreciate it. I couldn't find anything on Trove either. Looked up Exell, Excell, Excel etc but nothing. I am not 100% convinced he was born in Brighton Vic either as I can't find any birth for him. I just have that gut feeling. That's why I would love to find out the parents names well the mothers name to see if that can help me.  I am 1 of those people that need a document to feel convinced haha.