Author Topic: Linking Kathleen Lyons (Glenties) & Ward/Bonner/Doherty/Gallagher Dungloe ?  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Mike Mahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello, Just wondering if anyone might be able to help with this one -  I am trying to work out if there is any link or connection between a Kathleen Lyons (b 1940 or 1941, in Glenties) and the Ward / Bonner / Doherty / Gallagher families from Dungloe / Cloughglass.

Also - I am slightly puzzeled as I have found two Kathleen Lyons born in 1940 & 1941 in Glenties. I am not sure if these are the same person recorded twice (I am checking on the findmypast website). There is also a record of a death of the Kathleen lyons that was born in 1941, (died in 1943).  But no record of the other Kathleen Lyons - the one born in 1940.

Very grateful for any assistance
Mannix, Lyons, Ives,

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Linking Kathleen Lyons (Glenties) & Ward/Bonner/Doherty/Gallagher Dungloe ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 12:08 BST (UK) »
FamilySearch are showing two records for that name born 1940 both with the same mother's maiden name both the same quarter and vol, no page number. They are likely the same person with an error on the first entry.
The death in 1943 gives an age of 2 years so the birth year is estimated she could 2 years and a few months giving a birth year of 1940 and be the same person as the birth.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1408347?collectionNameFilter=false

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 12:28 BST (UK) »

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 12:37 BST (UK) »
Think it this couple Condy Lyons and Margaret McNeils transcribed as McNoils
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1930/09034/5268806.pdf

Offline Mike Mahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 16:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the replies.
Mannix, Lyons, Ives,