Author Topic: Restoration #2. of old picture of my grandparents 1911?  (Read 605 times)

Offline avacuppa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Restoration #2. of old picture of my grandparents 1911?
« on: Tuesday 10 October 17 17:04 BST (UK) »
This is my second picture I am hoping someone will be able to restore for me.  This one is of my grandparents, Lily Rosina Norris and Benjamin West.  Possibly taken about 1910-1920-ish?  Again in Edgware  Middlesex England.   They are at some kind of market stall,  On my photo copy it looks like a stand with potatos or apples maybe behind them. plus baskets of veg and potato underneath the stand.

The basket? or barrel? on my grandfathers right has something hanging over the side, maybe wax papers to protect the veg? or a cloth maybe?  The boy (maybe Benjamin's younger brother Ernest Edward, he was an errand boy in 1911 census) is holding a basket of assorted veg i think.

The market, if that is what it is, seems to go back quite a ways, with other stands of vegetables and fruits on them.  I love the old scales that is in front of my grandmother!

So another impossible restoration task that I am hoping someone can find possible!!

NORRIS, Lily Rosina,  Edgware Middlesex.
WEST, Benjamin, Edgware Middlesex
MORRIS, Samuel,  Leigh  Lancashire
FAIRCLOUGH, Tarleton and Leigh Lancashire.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration #2. of old picture of my grandparents 1911?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 02:13 BST (UK) »
Hi, avacuppa,
Couldn't achieve a lot with your photo, unfortunately. Your scan is okay but the photocopy itself has very little detail. Here is what it looks like when you zoom in to do some repairing, and my attempt follows that.
Cheers, Peter.
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Online loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration #2. of old picture of my grandparents 1911?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 08:00 BST (UK) »
very difficult one