Author Topic: Ann Stuart Field's death c1879, Toronto(?), Ontario, please?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Stuart Field's death c1879, Toronto(?), Ontario, please?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 06:49 BST (UK) »
Hi bbart:

Thank you so much for the efforts trying to find Sarah in the directories.  I'm so sorry to read that you lost all that you researched.   :'(

I believe the Stuarts were in Chinguacousy (Ontario) by 1851, Etobicoke in 1861 and 1871 and at some point prior to 1881, the women may have moved to Toronto.  While Sarah had several in-laws (James' siblings), I've not yet found a reason for the move -- possibly for work for Sarah and her girls?  I believe James' siblings stayed in an around Brampton, Guelph, Paris, North Dumfries, Etobicoke, etc.  While I did research the families, with the exception of contacting two distant relatives, I don't believe I've tried to locate other distant family members.  I will check into that once things here calm down a bit.

My mum remembers visiting my dad's parents and listening to his father talk about his surname and his paternal ancestors.  I don't believe he ever mentioned any other family members but I will ask my mum if he ever talked about Charles Field.  While it doesn't help with the search, any bits of information that can be collected do mean a lot to me, as I am so far away from Toronto and of course so far from where my English and Irish ancestors lived.  If only I had started researching before we left Ontario.

Thank you again.  Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)