Author Topic: PCC Will of Joseph Wright 1849 Stationer of Greenwich  (Read 971 times)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PCC Will of Joseph Wright 1849 Stationer of Greenwich
« on: Wednesday 11 October 17 09:02 BST (UK) »
For those with access to these, could someone have a look at this will and see if there is any mention of  folks with the surname Sharp or Heywood please

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PCC Will of Joseph Wright 1849 Stationer of Greenwich
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwihugh,

Unfortunately, neither of those names mentioned. The  will is short - barely half a page - the wife get the lot, basically. These are the only people mentioned:

Last Will and Testament of Joseph WRIGHT of Greenwich.
Wife (widow, the relict) Rebecca WRIGHT, sole Executrix
Charles ROACH, occupier of lands & property belong to Joseph, "situate and being on Deptford Bridge, Greenwich" now bequeathed to the sole use of Rebecca.
Witness: John Drake FINCH, Solicitor, J WARNER & John SWALLING, Clerks to  Msrs SMITH & FINCH, Greenwich
Will written in 14 April 1836.
Will proved 24 March 184, London, on the oath of Rebecca

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ambly. Does not look like my man. Saves me itching to get into town to look it up :D

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 13:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry to but in on this thread.  Just interested in your mention of Sharp and Heywood in same breath?
What part of country? 
(Just that I have ancestor Emily Sharp bn 1847,  11th child of 13 of   Richard Sharp and Hannah nee Haywood who married 1826 in Boughton Aluph, Kent)
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi lizdb. Just struggled out of bed. Too early considering how late I was up with my new find. First new sibling in six years  ;D. But no. Amazing though. Mines Dad was also a Richard but Mum was Elizabeth, but  her brother Joseph lived in Greenwich. But thirteen children eliminates them. This family seems to have a genetic disposition to few children and branchs even becoming extinct. Only two have thrived -   my sub branch of Hampsons ( family lore says my greats father was horrified when she married a fresh off the boat accountant from LIVERPOOL - read book keeper to his eyes) and my 2 greats brotherJames Barnes Heywood who also came to NZ but then they near totally returned to England before they began redisperseing. I came across only the second mis spelling of hEywOOd last night.  Turns out Joseph made it to 1874 in Thanet Kent, a widower living alone and his death was recorded as j. haAywARd w. Wife Sophia Jane died 1870 in Thanet as well. Again no surviving children. About to retackle sister Ann who married a John Sharp.
Another wacky middle name explained from by 2 greats siblings. This brother even went by Sharp(e) Heywood.
Post script 3 branchs. The Mullins of Mullins Tyres in South Australia have thrived as well.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 October 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
Haywood is one of those names with several spellings - Haywood, Heywood, Hayward, Heyward etc.

Lots of Haywoods (etc) about in Kent! So - Good luck with your ongoing research.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk