Author Topic: Ohio 1891 census  (Read 555 times)

Offline shearg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ohio 1891 census
« on: Wednesday 11 October 17 22:08 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I found I had a Aunt, Ida M. Moran, born on June 21, 1891 but I can't find her or her family on the Ohio census. She was born @ North Baltimore, Woods, Ohio.
Her father's name was Pierre Melville Moran(Morin) and her mother Malvina Brindamour and she had 4 older brothers, Raoul, Albert, Eutrope & Emile.
By the 1901 census they are in Canada.
Any help finding them in 1891 would be a great help.
Thanks,
Shearg
Lincolnshire: Shearwood, Dudding, Westoby, Brocklesby, Mann, Sanderson, Smith, Marris,Borrill, Bristow, Brown, Clark, Dunwell, Leverton, Sergeant, Naylor, Schofield,

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ohio 1891 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 22:33 BST (UK) »
There is no 1891 census in the US.  The federal census was done on the years ending in zero, and unfortunately the 1890 census was almost entirely destroyed by fire.  https://www.census.gov/history/www/genealogy/decennial_census_records/availability_of_1890_census.html

Offline shearg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help. Too bad that census is lost, I will never know what took that family down to the States.
Lincolnshire: Shearwood, Dudding, Westoby, Brocklesby, Mann, Sanderson, Smith, Marris,Borrill, Bristow, Brown, Clark, Dunwell, Leverton, Sergeant, Naylor, Schofield,

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 October 17 13:44 BST (UK) »
Maybe they were going for better weather.   ;)