Author Topic: Birth & Death Certificates by PDF from GRO  (Read 17905 times)

Offline Christine53

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Birth & Death Certificates by PDF from GRO
« Reply #45 on: Monday 16 October 17 13:31 BST (UK) »
Just logged in on the off chance to see how far my order is processing. Due date 18/10 but they are ready to view. Have downloaded and saved. Still no emails so I would advise you all to log in and check you might be lucky.
Regards panda

Thank you panda. Mine are there too. Two death certificates which solve the mysteries of the deaths of a Great Grandmother and 4x Great Grandfather.
Census information  Crown Copyright
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eadaoin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Reilg Chill Barróg
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 16 October 17 14:09 BST (UK) »
Yes, my order (a death cert) is there too, ordered on Thursday afternoon, though no email.
Of course it does raise more questions, than it answers . . .  :)

isn't that half the fun?
Begg - Dublin, Limerick, Cardiff
Brady - Dublin
Breslin - Wexford, Dublin
Byrne - Wicklow
O'Hara - Wexford, Kingstown
McLoghlin - Roscommon
Lawlor - Meath, Dublin
Lynam - Meath and Renovo, Pennsylvania
Everard - Meath
Fagan - Dublin
Meyler/Myler - Wicklow
Gray - Derry, Waterford
Kavanagh - Limerick

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Monday 16 October 17 14:36 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the steer, panda. Found mine waiting for me [sad news a 5 month old dying of smallpox] which solved a mystery - his 2 forenames were reversed from his birth certificate ::)
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Monday 16 October 17 16:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks..

Just found mine too.  That was fast :) :).

RK

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 19 October 17 00:07 BST (UK) »
I can't check mine because you need a COL number and the last few times I've ordered Paper and PDF records I've not had an acknowledgement from GRO, only the acknowledgment from WorldPay that I've paid.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 19 October 17 00:13 BST (UK) »
You should be able to check without the COL number - have you tried using the date boxes instead? 

For the acknowledgements, I find I only receive them if I click the 'return to GRO' button after making payment.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 19 October 17 07:10 BST (UK) »
Out of interest, has anyone had an email from GRO saying they are ready to view and download? Ordered more yesterday and it still says we should get one! 🤔
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 19 October 17 09:15 BST (UK) »
You should be able to check without the COL number - have you tried using the date boxes instead? 

For the acknowledgements, I find I only receive them if I click the 'return to GRO' button after making payment.

I'll try that.  Thanks about the tip about 'return to GRO' I used to click on that but recently haven't bothered, so that's probably where I'm going wrong.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 19 October 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
Jomot - Well that worked many thanks.  Not only that a message came up saying the site would be out of action today from 8am to 9.30am for maintenance but I tried it anyway and it worked, so they must have finished the maintenance early.