Author Topic: Fitzgerald and Duffin Families of Co Waterford  (Read 1633 times)

Offline notaninch

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fitzgerald and Duffin Families of Co Waterford
« on: Friday 13 October 17 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace the parents of a couple who marry at Killea Co. Waterford in 1864. They are James Fitzgerald who was a carpenter from Tramore and  Mary Anne Duffin (sometimes see her as Duffon but I put that down to being misspelt). I am assuming Mary was from the Killea area and that is why the marriage took place there. I am aware they had a least one child Mary Anne Fitzgerald. Does anyone know of these families and if so share information, please.

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzgerald and Duffin Families of Co Waterford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 October 17 23:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am trying to trace the parents of a couple who marry at Killea Co. Waterford in 1864. They are James Fitzgerald who was a carpenter from Tramore and  Mary Anne Duffin (sometimes see her as Duffon but I put that down to being misspelt). I am assuming Mary was from the Killea area and that is why the marriage took place there. I am aware they had a least one child Mary Anne Fitzgerald. Does anyone know of these families and if so share information, please.

I presume you have Mary Ann Fitzgerald birth which was 9th June 1869 address Summerhill Tramore Co Waterford.  Father JOHN not James mother Mary Anne formely Duffin.
If you have the Civil Marriage Cert for John & Mary ann marriage it should have their fathers names.

Also if you need to check for other births/marriages/deaths for the couple & children www.irishgenealogy.ie Civil Records

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 October 17 00:45 BST (UK) »
There is 1 marriage registered in Waterford for a John Fitzgerald (maybe yours) in 1864 details you need to get cert from www.groireland.ie - cost €4 for photocopy it will give fathers names

Registered 1st quarter 1864 Volume 9 page 469

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline ballydw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 October 17 01:01 BST (UK) »
According to their marriage which was 9th April 1864 in Kilea Co Waterford fathers names were James Fitzgerald & James Duffon

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline notaninch

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 October 17 10:43 BST (UK) »
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FG8L-8T4

children
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01kw5/
Thank you all for your input. I now have the fathers of both. Problem is Fitzgerald is a common name so makes the work a bit more laborious. Not quite as common is Duffin. I am pretty sure the Duffon shown is misspelt.