Author Topic: Mary Macisaac from Buninver in 1871 b ca 1866/7  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Macisaac from Buninver in 1871 b ca 1866/7
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 October 17 02:45 BST (UK) »
Howard,

There are 3 births in Howmore & Benbecula 1864 - 1868 (although I didn't choose a specific area)

There are none in Boisdale (same period)

1 death from 1891 - 1965 Uist/Benbecula with birth year 1864 - 1868 (Ditto above)

That '1' is in Boisdale but there are none in Howmore or Benbecula  ???

Have you looked at that '1'?...

MCISAAC MARY 50 1914
118/3 41 Boisdale

She appears to be single as there's no corresponding Reg. No. with another surname?

Could she have died at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Daliburgh which is Boisdale Reg. Dist?

How sure are you about Mary's sister bringing up her daughter as the census is only on 1 night in 1 yr?

Is Mary recorded as Visitor/Lodger/Boarder or other?

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 October 17 03:33 BST (UK) »
There's a MacDonald family all through the census' in Buninver with a daughter Mary the same age.

Is it possible there's been an error somewhere as it seems very coincidental for both surnames appearing on marriages with both those families in close proximity  :-\

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Tjapaltjarri

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 October 17 08:30 BST (UK) »
Aye,

And I've looked at a lot where mmn not given without result. I do know that she survived the birth as she registered it more than a month later. I didn't try fuzzy matching though.

H
Attwood-WOR,Blackford-Blockley,Brightman-Spalding,Carey-Wainfleet,Cave-Spalding,Collop-Chigwell,Cook-Wickham Market,Cooper-Pettistree,Dabbs-Humber,Davis-Pancras,Foyster-LIN, Dawson-Gt Hale,Eastcott-CON,Fenton-NFK,Foord-Horsmonden,Goble-SSX,Howell-GLO,Kellow-St Teath,Kent-Southwark,King-Lamberhurst,Parmenter-Halstead,Penaluna-CON,Polglase-Falmouth,Press-NFK,Redgrove-SRY,Rice-N Ireland,Ruddell-Rotherhithe,Screech-Saltash, Skerry-NFK,Surman-WOR,Waghorn-KEN,Weatherhog-LIN,Williman-NFK

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 October 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
I wonder (now I've had time to look closer)?...

The MacDonalds are 2 doors away from Mary MacIsaac.

They have a son Malcolm who's 3 yrs older than Mary.

Could he be the father of her children, hence Mary being known by MacDonald?

Can you give as the years please of the youngest childs birth & the earliest marriage with Mary deceased to narrow down a time frame?

As she was living with her mother, was she the informant on her mother's death if this was after the birth of her kids?

Annie