Author Topic: 1911 census  (Read 5614 times)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1911 census
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 14 October 17 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi I have. The marriage birth and death certificates of Pheobe Jane  my late Aunt.

Who was Phoebe Jane’s father on her marriage certificate, and her parents on her birth cert. Perhaps we need to track her properly......
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 14 October 17 18:42 BST (UK) »
Phoebe Jane is not in 1891 or 1901 census that is why I requested alookup in 1911 census. But informed not allowed. Howell and Margaret were married in 1887 Neath Register Office, both living in The Huts Abergwynfi. I have come to the conclusion that as the family called her May when the census enumerater called they gave her name was May, unless anyone has any other Ideas. Regards Eirwen

Hi so marriage certificate 1887 Neath Register Office where the couple were living in The Huts, Abergwnfi shows as Howell Davies and Margaret Williams or Morgan which, that looks like the 1891 family?
So can you supply as requested the details of the marriage/birth of Phoebe Jane Davies you say you have?
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eirwen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 14 October 17 18:52 BST (UK) »
My apologies the birth and marriage dates are what my family told me. But in the obituary of Phoebe Jane it said her husband was Lewis Enoch. But to confirm this information will contact Swansea on Monday . But this still does not explain why Pheobe does not  appear on any Howell and Margaret Davis census. Eirwen

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 14 October 17 18:57 BST (UK) »
OK so would I be correct, that from birth and including marriage/death, you have no certificates at all for Phoebe Jane Davies?
Keyboard86

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 14 October 17 19:11 BST (UK) »
So maybe we should work backwards instead of forwards. 

The 1917 marriage gives Lewis Enoch - can he be traced back, maybe he had a brother or father William and the names got mixed up.

There is a Lewis born 1887 Merthyr and a death in 1965 Pontypridd age 78 which fits.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 14 October 17 19:13 BST (UK) »
To clear one point,the 1887 marriage is for a Howell David(not Davies).He can be seen in 1891 and subsequently in Neath with his wife Margaret,and including a daughter Blodwen,who has a mmn Morgan according  to GRO,further confirming it.
I could be wrong,but my reading of the position is that Eirwen is convinced she has the right family in 1901,but is unclear whether May and Phoebe Jane are the same peraon,as the details she gives about visiting "Auntie May" give rise to the same dilemma given the 1939 register.Lack of clear identification in 1911 doesn't help either.

Regards
Roger

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 14 October 17 19:15 BST (UK) »
Lewis Enoch 1887 actually does have a father and younger brother called William. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 14 October 17 20:04 BST (UK) »
OK so would I be correct, that from birth and including marriage/death, you have no certificates at all for Phoebe Jane Davies?
Keyboard86

Working on this, how do we know her parents were Howell/Margaret?
Agree the Howell David who married Margaret Morgan in Neath 1887, as 1901 family have Mary Morgan 68 Mother in Law in household in Neath
Census ref RG13/5052/119/22
Keyboard86

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 14 October 17 21:03 BST (UK) »
There's a marriage on FreeBmd for Margaret Williams sept qtr 1887 Neath vol 11a pg 847 where there is only one male on the page, the other couple being David Jones & Ann Gethin.
Howell Davies is in the same quarter but page number has been transcribed as [56]47 - the typed index is not clear.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb