Author Topic: CWGC Appeal for relatives.........Sgt Mounsey Gardner.  (Read 755 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
CWGC Appeal for relatives.........Sgt Mounsey Gardner.
« on: Saturday 14 October 17 14:23 BST (UK) »
Commonwealth Graves Commission would like to make contact with any relatives of Sgt Mounsey Gardner. Mounsey Gardner was born 24 June 1885 Morecambe Lancashire - died 30 January 1918 Greater London - Roysl Scots - Regiment No :- 16122 - father Edward Gardner (fisherman) and Eliza Jane nee Eastwood Gardner -
Mounsey Gardener married at Wigton - 10b 1002 -Registered December 1906 - spouse Rebecca Yeoman - couple show on 1911 with 2 children.

FIND A GRAVE

Burial Morecambe Cemetery  Morecambe City of Lancaster Lancashire, England
Plot: 49.

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=174939218&ref=acom

1891 Poulton, Lancashire.
RG12 Piece 3463 Folio 24 Page 41

Edward Gardner   35
Eliza J Gardner   31
Ethel Gardner   8
Mounsey Gardner 5
Edward Gardner   1

Contact details for CWGC -

If you are related to the above casualty and can provide CWGC with documentation, please contact the UKNA Technical Team.

https://www.cwgc.org/

Contacted owner of a couple of ancestry tree's.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: CWGC Appeal for relatives.........Sgt Mounsey Gardner.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 October 17 16:57 BST (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 14 October 17 18:12 BST (UK) »
The son Edward Gardner married Alison (Elsie) Margaret Baird Robertson born 9 February 1911 Edinburgh Midlothian Scotland. Alison passed away 28 SEP 1999 • Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland. Believe the couple had at least 1 son.

From Scotlands People - Couple married 1938

Edward Gardner - Alison Margaret Robertson - 1938 - 685/1 350 - Haymarket

From Scotlands People - Alison Margaret Gardner - aged 88 - Mothers maiden name - Brown - 1999 - 772/ 323 - Livingston.

From Scotlands People - The son Edward passed away 1995

Edward Gardner -aged 85 years -  mothers maiden name Yeoman - 1995 - 772/ 40 - Livingston

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 October 17 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra
Robert Mounsey Gardner was the grandson of my 4xG grandfather's brother. I can't help with any further info I'm afraid. You actually have more than me! I will contact a few rellies to see if they can help. There is a descendant of James Gardner (Robert Mounsey's grandfather) still living in Morecambe but I don't have direct contact. The tree on ancestry belonging to a Mo Gardner is them I believe. I will get back to you if anything comes up. Christine
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 October 17 13:43 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Hope you can find a relative who may be interested.

The CWGC has plans to honour the men as war dead as when they died, either from injury or illness sustained during active service, the CWGC was not informed by authorities of their death.
It’s always lovely for CWGC to give a CWGC headstone to those who made the ultimate sacrifice and to make sure they are never forgotten. They would love to be able to find family members to share this with.

Direct relatives have been asked to contact the CWGC by emailing enquiries@cwgc.org, with your name and details of relationship.

Fingers crossed.

Thank You
Sandra