Author Topic: Quin,Clooney  (Read 3924 times)

Offline stecrook

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Quin,Clooney
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 October 17 14:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann, the year of birth are estimated i'm afraid, i think the son Patrick got married on 21 Apr 1863 • Quin, Clare, but i think his parents moved to UK and he stayed there in Clare and "maybe" emigrated to Australia, but thats for another day :) ty Steve

Offline stecrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 October 17 14:47 BST (UK) »
P.S. sorry but what would dispensation mean Ty Steve

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 October 17 14:59 BST (UK) »
P.S. sorry but what would dispensation mean Ty Steve

It's when some rule that would prevent the two people from getting married is overruled.
They could be related or of different religions.

Offline stecrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 October 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann, Is it possible to find out which parish they lived in so we could narrow the search down, I know that Patrick and Anna/Nancy got married in Newmarket-On-Fergus, I can't seem to find birth records for their 3 children Their son Patrick (1838) Their other son Michael (1836). the daughter Ann was born (1845) these dates are approx. Is there any records kept of movement to the UK or were people free to travel anywhere within the British Isles. ty for help you have very helpful i'm really grateful, Steve

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 October 17 21:21 BST (UK) »
Ireland was part of the UK so no records of travel were kept.

Where did you get the dates for the children, and their parents names.
You have the parish of Quin, Clooney as the title of the thread, why? Was it on a record for one of them?

Offline stecrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sinann, I have been looking back at my research and i cannot find where i got the Quin Clooney from, it was 3 years ago it may have been from another members tree on Ancestry, the reason i'm looking at it again is I think i may have gone astray somewhere in my search and i'm trying to see where i've gone wrong. My 2x great grandfather Michael married a Mary Flynn in October 1857 in Haslingden, Lancashire. according to the marriage certificate his father was called Patrick and Mary's father was called Thomas, according to the 1861 census Michael was 25 and Mary 23 both born in Ireland, where i may have gone wrong is on Michael's side regarding where he was born, sorry if I have somehow misled you, I think I may have to give up trying to go further, ty Steve

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 18:20 BST (UK) »
No worries, Quin is the next parish over as such so quite possible. You would expect when we can find the parent's marriage we should be able to find the baptisms for the children, three thoughts, they moved away from Clare and we are just not spotting them, they were in a parish that doesn't have surviving records or that dispensation indicates that one was COI and the children were baptised COI not RC. I'd have expected the priest to make a note of that on the register so I'm don't think it's very likely, not even sure they would have agreed to marry them with out one of them converting.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 19:36 BST (UK) »
Reading over your post again
Michael Garvey married Mary Flynn in 1857
You have Michael's father Patrick Garvey from the marriage but where did you get the mother's name?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 19:45 BST (UK) »
Sounds like you were a victim of a cobbled together tree which I read so much about. It looks like you need to go forward before you can go back. Did Michael survive to 1911, it is the best Census for place of birth.