Author Topic: Hans Homman Jensen FALK aka Phillip TAPSELL  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hans Homman Jensen FALK aka Phillip TAPSELL
« on: Sunday 15 October 17 05:58 BST (UK) »
I am interested in connecting with anyone else researching this person.

Hans Homman FALK was born c 1777 and baptised at the Von Freilera Kirk (Our Saviour's Church, Copenhagen) on 22 August 1784.
He was the s/o Jens FALCK and Giertrud Johanne HOMAND.  She died on 12 May 1798 ... leaving behind from the marriage 2 sons Hans age 10 and Niels Christian age 4".  They were renting 311 Laxegade.  His occupation was "House Carpenter".
Source: Kobenhavns Skiftekommission, Forseglingsprotokol, Klasse 5, 1799, Pagine 390B.

Jens FALCK, widower, acting water master remarried to Maria Dorothea "widow after the late ship carpenter Arensten ... married November 22 1799.
Source: Helligand (Helliggeist) 1763-1817 Vielser (opslag 144) 26de October 1799 (Trolovelse).

Hans FALK aka Phillip Tapsell came to New Zealand on a whaling exhibition to the South Seas and came to the Bay of Islands, NZ in 1803.  He returned in 1809.

He married three times to Maori women, the last being Hine-i-turama of Ngati Whakaue, Te Arawa.  My husband is a descendant of their fifth child Ieni (Hans).

I am interested in his early life before he came to New Zealand.

There is a book "A Trader in Cannibal Land" by James Cowan which I am currently reading.

Phillip Tapsell as he was known in NZ died in August 1873 at Maketu, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand

I am also interested to know what happened to Niels Christian FALK, his brother.

Thanks
WNW

Offline vinnieR78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hans Homman Jensen FALK aka Phillip TAPSELL
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 February 18 07:46 GMT (UK) »
My son comes off of Tote (Dorothy) Tapsell's line. I don't have much on the family line but would like to learn what you have and I can share what I have. Not sure how we get in touch with each other.

Offline Tgapitbull

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 February 18 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vinnie R,

Welcome to RootsChat.  Thank you for making contact.

You can post messages here or you can send me a Personal Message (PM) via "My Messages" at the top of the page.

I will look out the information that I have - is there anything specific that you would like to know?

There is also a Facebook page for descendants of Phillip Tapsell that you can also view and post on if you do a google search for "Tapsell Nation".

There is also alot of general information on the internet about Phillip Tapsell and his descendants.

Let me know and I will see if I can help.

Regards
Wendy

Offline vinnieR78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 February 18 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wendy

I am really new at this and am still trying to find my way around everything. Have not pm'd anyone on here yet or started my own posts. I almost feel computer illiterate hehehe