Author Topic: Marriage James Taylor and Martha Pedan, 13 Mar 1868  (Read 5139 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage James Taylor and Martha Pedan, 13 Mar 1868
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 10:50 BST (UK) »
Family records indicate that James was born about 1840 , would it be possible to see if there is a birth record for him with a father William Taylor.
Civil registration of births started in 1864- before this date there are no birth certificates.

It would appear that checking the Church Register at the Agadhowey presbyterian church might provide some more information on Jame's family and his father William.
Again, the information you are looking for does not exist. Aghadowey Presbyterian baptisms start 1855, marriages from the start of civil registration in 1845 and, like most Presbyterian churches, there are no death records.

There is a marriage of a Taylor girl in 1840s with father William which I'll post later but no way to know if she belongs to the same family (and if she does, how she would be connected).

Added- 20 Oct.1848 William Duff, bleacher, Carnrallagh, son of David Duff, farmer, to Sarah Jane Taylor, Mullahinch, daughter of William Taylor, labourer.

No Taylors listed in the following records for Aghadowey Presbyterian Church-
1850-Nov.1854  Pew List
1852-1853?  Names of Subscribers for paying off a debt of borrowed money expended in building Aghadowey Meetinghouse
1 Jan.1863  Names of those who have paid their assessment
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 22:17 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey
                   Thank you once again you have been very thorough in your searches.
  I must admit that I was hoping to find addittional information in Church records but it is not to be.
      Perhaps my only chance to find more would be in historical books about the region.
   I will check with the individual in us to see if the David Duff /Sarah Jane Taylor is familiar
Wyanga
Ireland: Taylor, Clark, Doyle, Pollock,Boyle
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 
Scotland: Campbell, McNaughtan, McKellar

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
Just in case Sarah Jane Duff is connected-

Children of William Duff & Sarah Jane "Sally" Taylor-
James, Sarah Jane, David, William John, Andrew, Mary, David, Robert, Violet.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 February 18 10:28 GMT (UK) »
There are several trees on Ancestry with this James Taylor and Martha Jane Pedan.
Some of them have James father as William Taylor b about 1812 with spouse Letita Rose McGee.
   There are no other details and only the son James b in 1840 is listed.The Sarah Taylor married to William Duff in 1848 might be a family member. She and James had a father William from Mullahinch, Aghadowey
    Do any of these additional names ring any bells for anyone.
 Wyanga 
England: Toogood, Long, Ford, Lander, King, Dye,Copeman, Heness, Gardner, Robertson, Cameron, Sherwen, Bell 

Offline kwheaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 23:07 GMT (UK) »
We have now 3 Padens in the US who have matching YDNA tests. One traces back to a John Henry Peden b 1813 from Coleraine, Londonderry and settled in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. My particular Paden line goes from John PADEN b. 20 Dec 1767 ? Londonderry to Frederick Co, Maryland. I have found a James bc1790 with a son Hugh b 1815 who married at Aghadowey to Jane Reid. Anyone with info on early PADENS/PEDENS please feel free to contact me. The YDNA shows a connection to Clan Mclaren and Clan Colquohon near the Firth of Clyde, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs of Scotland. I could not find much in the early 1700's.
Wheaton, Weeden, Wheadon, Weeton, Weaton, Wheeton, Wetton, Weadon, etc. worldwide.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 March 19 22:44 GMT (UK) »
There are lots of early Pedens in records for First Garvagh Presbyterian Church.

Offline kwheaton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 March 19 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I will look for them.
Wheaton, Weeden, Wheadon, Weeton, Weaton, Wheeton, Wetton, Weadon, etc. worldwide.

Offline wyanga

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 25 September 20 23:33 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey
                 Quote:
     Samuel, born 14 Feb.1881 Killowen [Coleraine] [GRONI- Pesten]
 Hi you gave me this birth record for a son for James Taylor and Martha Peden.
    I am in touch with a son of this Samuel, an 86 yr old William Taylor, a retired professor in the US.
 He believes that his father Samuel was born 13 Feb 1882. Coleraine
    Is it possible that there is an error in the quote that you gave me or was there a second registration at GRONI for another Samuel in 1882 with father James Taylor.
   Would you be able to check this for me.
Wyanga

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 26 September 20 00:05 BST (UK) »
The civil birth registration for Samuel Taylor born on 14 February 1881, for parents recorded as James Taylor and Martha Jane Peden, is freely available to view on this Irish Government website:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1881/02845/2042546.pdf

I can't find an 1882 Coleraine civil birth registration for someone called Samuel Taylor.