Author Topic: PDF printing  (Read 1293 times)

Offline jrc11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PDF printing
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 11:47 BST (UK) »
Thank you everybody. I never knew the snipping tool existed! Very useful.
Regards
Campbell Roscommon
Miles Wiltshire
Hitchings Wiltshire
Hole Somerset
Shaughnessy Roscommon

Offline locksmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 16:06 BST (UK) »
I download the entire page and then use the snipping tool to "cut out" the bit I need.

Also be aware that on some of the Findmypast scans, after downloading an entire page, the resolution of the resultant pdf is poor compared with the actual image pre downloaded. So if having opened up the PDF and zoomed in and it is blocky and fairly unreadable, it's usually best to go back to the image on Findmypast and zoom and snip. The resultant image is normally nice and clear. So best to check as soon as you have downloaded.  I complained to findmypast about this issue when the newspapers first came out and they weren't included in their subscription and they were pay by credits only. I ended up with several useless pages that I couldn't read and all my expensive credits gone. FMPs response was tough (not much changes).

Simon

Offline sandiep

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 19:53 BST (UK) »
I usually just enlarge PDF image and copy & paste bit I want into word not had any problems with images so far guess I have been lucky, but will have a go at some of suggestions always good to try other things.
Pender, Raphael,Lambert,Digby,Stent,
Dowell,cornish,mulley,Death,Rosier,
East End,Suffolk,Essex,Cornwall,Devon,London,  middlesex, hertfordshire                                      Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk