Author Topic: PURSE James & Family  (Read 3111 times)

Offline bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: PURSE James & Family
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 October 17 06:32 BST (UK) »
Looking through the BC vitals, this could be her if she was 23 on the ship list:
Janet Purves, living in Victoria, from Scotland, age 27 married William Flewin in 1914.
On the passenger list, she is probably going by Nettie.

Offline Old Gaul

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 February 19 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Blacksmithy, You are seeking information about James Cameron Purse and his descendants.  He is my great grandfather.  Would you please share with me your interest in my family?  I have some historical documents and data.

Offline blacksmithy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 04 February 19 07:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Old Gaul
welcome to Rootschat, this looks like your first post.  The focus of my family research is the Welsh family originally from Wigstown Scotland, they then moved further north to the Renfrewshire area.  My research has taken me both upwards and outwards as my interest developed with where and when the family began to emigrate in the 1860's onwards.  James Cameron Purse (1845-1921) married Ann Welsh.  She is my 1st cousin 4x removed.  James and Ann had nine children.  Ann is the daughter of James Caldwell Welsh and Mary Miller.
Ann (married to James Cameron Purse) is the cousin to my great great-grandfather William Welsh (who married Rhoda Niblett).  William went to New Zealand from Scotland and he married Rhoda in NZ(she came from England).
I would very much welcome any information you are willing to share. 
Thank you for your email
Blacksmithy
Welsh: Kilbarchan;Canada; New Zealand
MacArthur:North Knapdale
 Weckesser: Germany, Netherands, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia
O'Brien: Australia, New Zealand