Author Topic: New York or England ? Lost relative!  (Read 2622 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New York or England ? Lost relative!
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 19 October 17 17:18 BST (UK) »
To me it looks like P R and Horseman. But age?

If this is the correct Percy, he could have travelled home to visit his family after the 1915 New York census was taken and then set out for New Zealand from there.

Too bad they didn't list him with his full name.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline glenclare

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 19 October 17 23:35 BST (UK) »
If it is the right Percy then it would mean he travelled to England from New York after the census in June and before the October departure in 1915.
Also he travels with wife Florence in 1935 but has Mary living with him in 1938
The only marriage in New Zealand I have found is to a Mary.
So who is the mother of Pearl?

Coincidentally his sister was a Florence C Edwards before she married but that was before 1935 and according to her daughter she has never visited NZ. 

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 20 October 17 00:20 BST (UK) »
I think there is more than one Percy Edwards in New Zealand in the time frame you are looking at, although not nessarily with a second name Robert.

I did see that marriage to Mary and wondered about it. A Mary Helen Craig Edwards can be found in later years (after 1945, if I remember correctly....I'll recheck) in the electoral rolls. So....the questions are whether she married a different Percy Robert or married your Percy Robert and something happened to their marriage. In the latter case he may not have officially married Florence.

And then there is Pearl....

PB

We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 20 October 17 00:39 BST (UK) »
Mary H C Edwards can be found in the 1928 electoral roll at the same address as Percy Robert who is a landscape artist. This Percy's occupation doesn't seem to match your Percy's occupation too well? She can also be found in the rolls after 1945....a widow in 1957 and 1963.

PB

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 20 October 17 02:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

You're welcome.  :)

It does look like PR and horseman to me as well. Very tempting isn't it, even though his age is
out, but perhaps he wanted to be a "younger" horseman for employment opportunities.

You may wish to post on the NZ board now, and let them have a go at the family, with a link to this
post so they can see what has already been found.

In case you haven't picked this up, a passenger list from Wellington to Sydney Oct. 4, 1935, to
meet up with their UK voyage.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-X92H-47?i=72&cc=1609792

DB

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 October 17 12:50 BST (UK) »

the remainder of the thread can be found on New Zealand board where Percy Robert Edwards was found.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=780992.0

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 October 17 13:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra, :) I missed that.

Cheers,
DB

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 October 17 16:14 BST (UK) »
Sorry DB  should have read .............................

the remainder of the thread can be found on New Zealand board where the story of Percy Robert Edwards continued.............

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 October 17 16:15 BST (UK) »
x