Author Topic: Frasers from Kiltarility  (Read 1442 times)

Offline HmmS336

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Frasers from Kiltarility
« on: Tuesday 17 October 17 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi folks I wonder if anyone can help with my query?

Firstly,  my Alexander Fraser born Kilarlity 1825 , that is according to birth cert of a daughter in 1855.  This is the most accurate dating I have.  The census info is always out and as some of you know from previous question his death registration  records him as 8 years younger than a person born in 1825.

The death certs of Alexander and his wife do not have details of their parents. I am trying to put names to them.

Alexander and his wife, Rebecca Chisholm have 8 children.  I have a possible entry for Rebeka Chisholms birth in 1828 listing Hugh and Mary Fraser as her parents.  These names are also child 1 (1st son) and child 6 (second daughter). 

There are two entries for Alexander Fraser born in 1825, Kiltarlity however the parents names are not carried down to the children.  There is an entry in Jan 1824 that has parents, James Fraser and Ann MacDonald - these are the names of second son and 1st daughter.

How likely is it that these are correct parents ?  Is there anything else I can do?