Author Topic: Massey  (Read 1611 times)

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Massey
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 15:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

Yes... I can see why you would like to know.  Vancouver and Kelowna are not very close (around 400 km apart)!  If your father and his siblings were born in Kelowna...that would be a bit of a mystery for you to solve.

Interesting that your father's own military records say he was born in Vancouver "as per birth certificate".   The only place I have seen Kelowna mentioned is in the Royal Navy record transcription for his father -- that I posted about earlier.  There is no image to go with this transcript - I wonder if it is some sort of compilation of several different documents? 

I was trying to think of other records where your father's birth location might have been recorded (to save you purchasing a birth cert).   The best I could think of were records that would have been filled out by his parents - like his father's WW1 military records. 

Probably the best thing is to see if you can get your father's birth certificate (for less than 50 dollars!!).   That should be the most reliable/accurate record.   

As for BMD records and privacy laws in Canada - there is no national standard.  Each Province sets its own rules. 

RK 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Massey
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
Well done RK - pleased to see your efforts have been  acknowledged - that was very courteous   ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada