Author Topic: Jane/Jean Watson/Waters wife of Charles Edminstone mother of Isabella Edmonstone  (Read 551 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Any body able to help with the birth of Isabella Edmonstone.  I have found another child born to her parents,  Jean but not Isabella.  Death certificate has her at 76 in 1888 and has her parents as Jane Watson and Charles Edmonstone.  I am also interested in anything about either of her parents.

Thanks Bronwen Summers, ChCh NZ

Jane/Jean Watson/Waters wife of Charles Edminstone mother of Isabella Edmonstone
B:
M:
D:
Children 2
1808 July 8th Jean Edmonstone, Bedlay. District of Chryston, 7 miles from Glasgow, Cadder, Lanarkshire (register to hand)
1811/12 Isabella Edmonstone, (married Mark Summers in 1828)

Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Jane/Jean Watson/Waters wife of Charles Edminstone mother of Isabella Edmonstone
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 09:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks those links relate to previous questions I had asked and I was on the wrong track at that point.
Best wioshes Bronwen
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Jane/Jean Watson/Waters wife of Charles Edminstone mother of Isabella Edmonstone
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 10:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks those links relate to previous questions I had asked and I was on the wrong track at that point.
Yes, but it is still useful for others to be able to refer to what has gone before so that they aren't tempted to go off on the same wrong track.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 19:36 BST (UK) »
Okay many thanks.