Author Topic: George Faile from Symington/Lamington Lanarkshire, looking for help  (Read 1397 times)

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Faile from Symington/Lamington Lanarkshire, looking for help
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 November 17 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help Manda_McD.  with all the information I have I'm still stuck ??? I will research further with the link you gave me.  The John Faile you mention are the names to the left his children?
Yes from SP note three children the entry for Elizabeth and Bessie are same person and in each instance only fathers name however not sure what other details would be on the cert as i hadnt any credits
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Faile from Symington/Lamington Lanarkshire, looking for help
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 November 17 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Any possibility pf the FAIL (E) family in KELSO (Roxburughshire) also Oxnam as there are records on SP available to see with credit purchase.

Here's some of the names to give you an idea of wether they are familiar to you or not

Fail   Isobel         father William Fail  b 22/01/1713  Oxnam

Deaths
FAIL  JNO                                 M   aged 65   d 20/05/1802  Kelso

FAIL  Jean    ROY/JNO FAIL        F    "   34   d 10/04/1808   Kelso

FAIL  William   JNO FAIL            M    "  23    d21/10/1803    Kelso

Could the JNO perhaps be your george? with Jean the daughter?

Marriages

John FAIL     JEAN HOY           01/01/1803     Kelso

Janet FAIL    GEORGE DAVIDSON    28/06/1788     Kelso

Thomas FAIL    Margaret FOX      30/03/1804     Oxnam

Walter FAIL    ISOBEL POTTS      08/06/1715     Oxnam

Margaret FAIL   JOHN HALL        17/12/1802     Oxnam

http://www.bordersfhs.org.uk/oxnam.asp   maybe worth a look also
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,