Author Topic: Help required for death/burial for Ann Jones (nee Owen) & husband William Jones  (Read 3514 times)

Offline imp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann(e) Owen(s) was born in Llaniestyn on 3rd May 1865, the daughter of Sydney Owen of Penygongl, Llaniestyn.

Ann worked as a domestic servant at Castellmarch near Abersoch and then at Egryn, Llanaber.

Ann married William Jones in 1894 (in Dolgelly) and they later had several children; Mary, Laura Annie, Willie, John Owen, Jane Ellen and Sydney whilst living in Dyffryn Ardudwy, Merionethshire.

In 1911 they are living in Llanenddwyn, Merionethshire. I can’t locate any death/burial records for either Ann or William in the Merionethshire area, can anyone please help?
Evans in Llangian, Mynytho, Abersoch
Panting in  Liverpool and London
Hilder in Scotland
Royal Welch Fusiliers

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Help required for death/burial for Ann Jones (nee Owen) & husband William Jones
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 October 17 16:42 BST (UK) »
Have you located the children on the 1939 register in case either of the parents are living with them.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline imp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help required for death/burial for Ann Jones (nee Owen) & husband William Jones
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 October 17 16:51 BST (UK) »
I don't have access to the 1939 info at the moment unfortunately but thank you for the suggestion
Hilder in Scotland
Royal Welch Fusiliers

Offline llynboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 October 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
I have located two of the daughters in the 1939 register. Laura Annie is in Merionethshire with some of her children having married and lived in Birmingham. Sydney Catherine is married and living in Birmingham. I cannot definitely identify either William Jones or Ann Owen in the 1939 register. There is another daughter, Jane Ellen Jones living in the Deudraeth district which may fit. She is married to a Richard Jones and living with them is a widower William Jones born in 1863. However some things need to fall into place for Jane Ellen and William to be the correct people. 

Offline imp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 October 17 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking on the 1939 register, Llynboy. It's good that some of the children have been located. I guess there is a chance that Ann and William Jones may have gone overseas with one of their other children... I will keep on searching.

If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!  :)
Hilder in Scotland
Royal Welch Fusiliers