Author Topic: Help finding family in Katowice, Poland  (Read 1020 times)

Offline KMalarz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help finding family in Katowice, Poland
« on: Friday 20 October 17 15:29 BST (UK) »
Dear all,

I hope you can help me!

I am looking to find my grandfathers family in Katowice - he sadly died before we could all make the trip many years ago.

I am looking for the burial place of his mother, Cecylia Malarz (formerly Ptok) she was born in Siemanowice Katowice on 16.03.1890 and died on the 18th.12.1963 in agnieszki Katowice.

Also, my granddad had a sister Aniela Solorz (was Malarz) she has recently died and I am waiting on a copy of her death certificate, she had children but I don't know how to find out their names?

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

Kelly Malarz

Offline JustinL

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding family in Katowice, Poland
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 October 17 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Kelly,

Welcome to RootsChat.

I would suggest that you should investigate the many websites dealing exclusively in Polish ancestry, such as polishroots.com, polishancestors.com, anglopolishsociety.org, etc., etc.

This looked interesting http://anglopolishsociety.org/tracing-polish-family-ancestry/

A surprising number of Polish records have survived the ravages of time, it's just a question of locating them in the archives or in a registry office.

From what I have heard, it can be difficult to obtain any records from outside Poland unless you know exactly what you are looking for, i.e. names, dates, places. You will probably need to engage a researcher in Poland.

It will, of course, be a huge advantage if you or your parents speak/write Polish.

Justin

Offline KMalarz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 November 17 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your help!

I'll have a look at those links

Offline InconsistentBlend

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 December 17 17:51 GMT (UK) »
I did a search on grobonet.com (website with pictures from cementeries) and while the name Cecylia Malarz didn't return any results, Aniela Solorz did - http://www.polskie-cmentarze.com/rudaslaska/grobonet/start.php?id=detale&idg=4217
Ruda Śląska is a city near Katowice, so that might be it.

Offline KMalarz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 18 December 17 13:26 GMT (UK) »
I did a search on grobonet.com (website with pictures from cementeries) and while the name Cecylia Malarz didn't return any results, Aniela Solorz did - http://www.polskie-cmentarze.com/rudaslaska/grobonet/start.php?id=detale&idg=4217
Ruda Śląska is a city near Katowice, so that might be it.

THANK YOU! THATS A REALLY USEFUL SITE, THIS LADY WAS BORN MUCH LATER THAN THE LADY I AM LOOKING FOR, BUT THANK YOU! I'LL KEEP SEARCHING