Author Topic: Robert Mcleod in the Fencibles and Fanny/Francess Liddle  (Read 916 times)

Offline Jeannetta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Mcleod in the Fencibles and Fanny/Francess Liddle
« on: Saturday 21 October 17 09:34 BST (UK) »
 Does anyone have info on Robert Mcleod  - Crofter/Farmer; b. 1776 Sutherland and Fanny Liddle b. 1781 Londonerry. (various spellings of her name, including Francess Leighton). Robert Mcleod was in one of the Fencible units deployed to Ireland in about 1798, where he met Francess/Fanny Liddle.  They married and had their first child in Londonderry while he was still with the Fencibles, i.e. George Mcleod b. 1800 Londonderry. I cannot find any records of the marriage of the birth of baby George. I wonder who Robert and Fanny's parents were and any other information if at all possible. They returned to Robert's Scotland after the disbandment of the Fencibles in about 1803 and went on to have more children.
I have some knowledge about some of their children:   William; Donald; Jean; Robert; another William; John, and David (my GGG Grandfather). All born Reay and Farr.  But I need any information on Robert and Fanny's  parents, and siblings.  Thankyou.