Author Topic: Tom Beesley 1933 UK trip  (Read 4180 times)

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Beesley 1933 UK trip
« Reply #18 on: Monday 23 October 17 19:16 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure whether it means anything but I have some photos that could be from the same time, that were taken along a canal or narrow waterway. I know that canals are common around those parts so it might help to know.
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 23 October 17 19:23 BST (UK) »
Canals might be easier to identify. The  wall, etc. might be under a roundabout or a motorway by now!
  :-\
I did some searches for various tudor stately houses/gardens etc in Cheshire, Wirral and North Wales on Frith's site but nothing so far.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 23 October 17 20:40 BST (UK) »
Canals might be easier to identify. The  wall, etc. might be under a roundabout or a motorway by now!
  :-\
Here's one along the canal...could be same vicinity.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 October 17 20:47 BST (UK) »
Possibly  Shropshire Union Canal somewhere between Chester and Ellesmere Port  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 23 October 17 20:58 BST (UK) »
Could the canal photo be near Penkridge? They attended a wedding down there on that same 1933 trip. Sorry to be flitting around, but I'm hoping to ID the older gent with Tom Beesley in the original photo. I'm thought that identifying the place, might help eliminate or confirm IDs of people.

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 23 October 17 22:34 BST (UK) »
Could the canal photo be near Penkridge? They attended a wedding down there on that same 1933 trip. Sorry to be flitting around, but I'm hoping to ID the older gent with Tom Beesley in the original photo. I'm thought that identifying the place, might help eliminate or confirm IDs of people.

The Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal runs through Penkridge.  If you search Penkridge canal there are plenty of images, but it may be difficult to pinpoint your photo as there are no landmarks apart from the fence and telegraph poles to match up with.  I'm off for a look at them now.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 23 October 17 22:56 BST (UK) »
Is it not likely at least that the man with Thomas Beesley is his father?Is this what you are trying to determine?

Regards
Roger

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 October 17 23:10 BST (UK) »
No, Tom's father Percy Beesley  ( an architect ) died in Shanghai in 1927 but his grandfather Thomas Beesley ( also an architect ) born about 1848, could have still been alive. Tom was born in 1906 so would have been about 27 at the time of these photos. I know that would make that older gent 85 if it was the grandfather. I just don't know.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 October 17 23:20 BST (UK) »
The display driver on my little laptop went bananas after my searches of images of canal scenes in Cheshire and Staffs  ::)

The main problem is that so much will have changed since 1933 and there are few distinguishing features.