Author Topic: Tom Beesley 1933 UK trip  (Read 4189 times)

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Tom Beesley 1933 UK trip
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 00:17 BST (UK) »
I'm sorry there's so little to go on. The photos I have, I think are all from the same trip in 1933. Tom Beesley and my mother Iris Beesley, made a trip to the the UK from China. They attended a wedding in Penkridge ( or maybe Cannock ) of John Otty and Mary Payton and visited with relatives in and around Manchester, Warrington, and Chester, with a trip over into Wales, Conwy Castle etc.
Tom's family was from Warrington area and my mother ( nee Hunter ) had family from Manchester.
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 09:15 BST (UK) »
John H Otty married Fanny E M Payton, Cannock RD, Q3, 1933.

Added - Staffs BMD has them marrying Penkridge, St Michael  - wonder what the outside looked like?

Added 2 -have looked at the church site and don't think the photos are taken there unless changed considerable (remember Conwy!)

I've found a full report with photo of the marriage - PM me if you'd like a snip  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 10:39 BST (UK) »
Reception was at Rock House, Penkridge.

13 July 1933 (Wednesday)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 11:17 BST (UK) »
Rock House is an address associated with the Payton family.

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 11:35 BST (UK) »
I've been trying to convince myself that the background to the wedding car photo here

http://www.barryjamesphoto.com/penkridge-staffordshire-wedding-photographer-springtime/

is simllar.

Regards
Roger

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 11:36 BST (UK) »
Rock House is an address associated with the Payton family.

Regards
Roger

It's now listed,  as far as I can gather. Mary Payton's father was once vicar of Penkridge. According to details on Historic England, it's supposed to be now called Vicarage on maps  :-\

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 11:38 BST (UK) »
I don't think the original image is of them attending the marriage -  they'd probably be in morning dress. Although that wall is promising - rebuilt  ???

added - I tried going down the side of it in Google last night but my display  driver went funny  ???

added 2 - I've just taken a virtual walk along the wall and can't find a suitable spot. 

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 15:40 BST (UK) »
John H Otty married Fanny E M Payton, Cannock RD, Q3, 1933.

Added - Staffs BMD has them marrying Penkridge, St Michael  - wonder what the outside looked like?

Added 2 -have looked at the church site and don't think the photos are taken there unless changed considerable (remember Conwy!)

I've found a full report with photo of the marriage - PM me if you'd like a snip  :)

Yes Gadget, if you have the photo and article, I would love a copy. It also may be helpful as I have other photos taken that day so may giove some more clues. Thank you
Brian

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 16:39 BST (UK) »
The Payton family was one that my mother and her sister stayed with during their time at school in Bournemouth, 1924-1928. Paytons also had a home in Torquay. The father Joseph Wattson Payton was vicar and one son, Cecil Payton, also went into the clergy ( my grandfather attended Cecil's wedding in 1938 )
I don't think the original photo for this post is connected with Payton's but it's certainly not impossible.