Author Topic: Percy & Vera Firth, Brant, Ontario  (Read 709 times)

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Percy & Vera Firth, Brant, Ontario
« on: Sunday 22 October 17 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hi, please may I have some help on the death & burial of Percy & Vera Q Firth, Vera was a WW2 bride, born in England 18 Nov 1923, went with her husband Percy (I think his parents were William & Ellen Firth) a Canadian Sgt. Regimental No: B13136 to Brantford Ontario in 1946, Vera is listed on the Voters Roll 1972 at 3 Cowan Street, Brant, Ontario with her mother Ethel Wall. Ethel Louisa Wall daug of Charles Harling Comyns & Louisa Cotterell was born in 1888 in Edmonton, Middlesex, England, she was widowed in 1971, so I think she went to live with her daughter in Canada, I'd like her death & burial date & place as well. Any help in this would be appreciated, Thank you.
Nanafos New Zealand 

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Percy & Vera Firth, Brant, Ontario
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 17 03:38 BST (UK) »
I think you can find Percy at this link. Just put in first and last name.

http://ocfa.islandnet.com/ocfa-search.php

Once you get the reference number, there are instructions under contributing organization on the home page here...

http://ocfa.islandnet.com/homepage.html

Or you could try contacting the cemetery directly for more info. I didn't see Vera in the above website but the cemetery may be able to tell you if she is buried there.

http://www.brantford.ca/residents/family/GenealogyAndCemeteries/Pages/MountHope.aspx

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 October 17 00:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you Polar Bear for your suggestions, I'll try the cemetery & see what info they can give.
Nanafos

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 October 17 12:08 BST (UK) »
The Brantford Public Library's newspaper index indicates there is an obituary for Vera Firth in the Brantford Expositor edition dated 17 Aug 1999 (Pb 10) and a marriage announcement for Percy and Vera in the edition dated 5 Jul 1944 (P7 C4/5). I believe the library charges for look-ups but there is a volunteer listed on the RAOGK website for Brant County who does obituary look-ups and cemetery photos: https://www.raogk.org/lookups/a-chamberlain/.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 October 17 01:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jacquie,
Many thanks for your answer, I've contacted the volunteer so fingers crossed.
Nanafos

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 November 17 23:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi, To date I've not received a reply from raog.org/lookups  so I'm wondering if the web address is no longer current and could someone advise me what other avenue of research I could use.
Thank you Nanafos

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 19 November 17 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Near the bottom of this link you will find info about this issue....

https://www.raogk.org/guidelines/

Also, did you check your spam or junk mailbox in case a reply ended up there?

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline EdCan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 19 November 17 15:09 GMT (UK) »
I have also tried to contact this volunteer with no replies forthcoming
Pickering E Yorkshire, Ontario Can
Tindall Greater London
Edmonds Greater London
Bayliss Greater London
Chappell Somerset
Spencer Warwickshire
Tuck Wiltshire
Tanner Wiltshire

Offline Nanafos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 19 November 17 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Thank you for your replies, yes, Polar Bear I did & do check my spam/junk folder from time to time and no, there is nothing in it, so maybe the person is on a well earned holiday or taking a break from volunteering so I'll be patient a while longer.
Thanks again, Nanafos