Author Topic: Ipswich Cemetery  (Read 984 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ipswich Cemetery
« on: Sunday 22 October 17 08:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Anyone have access to the burial and grave records of Ipswich Cemetery.  Looking for Teresa Beales buried 22 Feb 1861, George Beales buried 10 Sept 1862, and Sarah Ann Beales buried 26 Oct 1865, would like to know who else is in graves if possible and if says who parents were and any another details.

Also looking for the death and burial of Sarah Ann Beales died sometime between Aug 1862 and Dec 1867 aged 27yrs the only one I can find is the one above but she is aged 12yrs.

Thank you for any help you can give on this. Got those burial dates from the National Burial Index.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ipswich Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Teresa and George were both infants and GRO Index shows their mothers maiden name was Hardy.

I note that a William Beales and wife Sarah Ann both born Nottinghamshire are in Ipswich in 1861 with 1 year old son William.   I think this is the couple who were the parents of Teresa and George.   Think I've found marriage and birth entry for the son but took a while as both were in the name of Beal!

William Beal and Sarah Ann Hardy married Dec.qtr.1855 Nottingham (married 24/12/1855 St Mary, Nottingham).
Thomas William Beal birth reg'd Dec.1859 Ipswich - mmn Hardy

I would doubt very much there is a marked gravestone as apparently in Ipswich for only a short while plus burial records don't usually state parents names, just name and age.

Sarah Ann aged 12 in 1865 was the daughter of a James Beales and Hannah Hacon.

I can't find a death for wife Sarah Ann Beal/Beales anywhere.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ipswich Cemetery
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 17 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Annette,

Thank you for your help. Sorry should have said the name could be spelt driffant ways.  I have all the info on William Beale and his son William (by the way was registered as Thomas William) and found all children of William and Sarah on the GRO site, there was also a Mary Elizabeth born and
died 1858 Ipswich.  William senior remarried in 1869 as a widow back in Nottingham. Both William and his borther George went to Ipswich for a short time then came back to Nottingham.

So the burial records in Ipswich is differnt to Nottingham Cemetery's here they have parents names and grave records tells us who also is in the grave.

As cannot find a death of Sarah Ann now wonder if something else happened to her.

Anyway Thank you for taking the time to help.

All the best

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;