Author Topic: Elizabeth Page 1841 census  (Read 790 times)

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Page 1841 census
« on: Sunday 22 October 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
I'd be grateful for any help in finding Elizabeth Page in the 1841 census, when she would have been 24 years old. So far my searches have drawn a blank. She was born in February 1817 (Marylebone, Middx); she is not found in the census record of her parents' household.

I have her marriage certificate (1844, St James, Westminster), and know that she was living in Wexford, Ireland at the time of the 1851 census (with her husband, serving with the RN). She appears in every subsequent census, living in the London area, until her death in 1902.

Perhaps she was one of those people not 'caught' by the census ... or more likely she is in there somewhere! Any help in finding her much appreciated––without, of course, involving any breach of copyright.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Page 1841 census
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 17 15:59 BST (UK) »
A bit of the Middlesex 1841 is missing

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/articles/census-for-england-wales-and-scotland-missing-pieces

Also - she was 24 in 1841 but age would be rounded down to 20 so birthyear would appear as 1821.

There are 24 entries for Eliz** Page born 1821 and living in Middlesex
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Page 1841 census
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 17 17:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply, CaroleW. I was unaware that there were missing pieces. It's been quite some time since I carried out any family history research: responding to a request (concerning Elizabeth Page's husband, a RN commander) has re-ignited my interest. Having let my Ancestry membership lapse, I shall be visiting the public library later this week to look again carefully at the 24 EP records you mention. Many thanks again.