Author Topic: Norman Faulkner Bent  (Read 1969 times)

Offline LeahJordana

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Norman Faulkner Bent
« on: Sunday 22 October 17 20:25 BST (UK) »
I am searching for any descendants of Norman. My father is the last of his direct male line, Ronald Bent, born 1931 to Frank Cyril Bent who was the son of Norman Faulkner or Fauckner. Dad had only 2 girls so the direct male line for Norman will die with Dad bless his heart. Dad was on stage from around 14 years of age to 18 with Dudley Dale and his gang of boy singers and dancers. He emigrated to Canada around 1950-51, met up with my Mum who had also emigrated and consequently ended up in British Columbia. I only know that Norman was an actor in London. His wife Emily ( nee Link Custance) is listed on the census as simply wife.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Faulkner Bent
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:25 BST (UK) »
From freebmd

Births September qtr 1855   
Norman Faulkner    Bent   Marylebone    1a   335

His mothers maiden name was Smith
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:30 BST (UK) »
He was baptised St Marylebone 19.8.1855 parents William occ licensed victualler and mother Elizabeth

Address 13 Charles St Manchester Square

Marriages December qtr 1850   
William Bent     Kensington 3   360    
Elizabeth Smith     
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:36 BST (UK) »
Marriages 15.12.1850 St Mary's Paddington Green

William Bent  widower - occ coachman   Father Thomas occ weaver

Elizabeth Smith spinster father Henry occ coachman

Witnesses Thomas Hoyle or Foyle and Elizabeth ??Spink

1861 can be searched here

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1493747?collectionNameFilter=false

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1538354?collectionNameFilter=false

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
I am searching for any descendants of Norman.

If you have access to Ancestry there are quite a lot of people who have family trees there, so perhaps that is the easiest way to make contact with descendants.

Debra  :)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 October 17 00:39 BST (UK) »
Norman had 2 sons older than Frank Cyril - Norman Frederick bc.1886 and Harold bc.1890.

Norman Frederick married a Rosalie Clement Martin 1910 Birkenhead and a son Norman Hector born 1910 - in April 1910 Norman Frederick went to Sydney, NSW, Australia followed by wife and son in 1916 where a dau. born 1918 and another son Henry Arthur Reginald b.1920.  So, 2 grandsons of Norman Faulkner were in NSW and any descendents of these 2 are to be found in Australia.

Harold married an Ethel Ann Hunt in 1915 and they had 3 daughters and 2 sons - Stephen F. 1917-2001 (who in turn married 1945 and had a daughter 1951 and a son 1954 in Northallerton, Yorks - names easily found on Birth Index - cannot name as still living) and a John W.born 1925 (can find nothing on him other than birth entry).

The son born 1954 married in Durham in 1979 - 2 sons and a daughter.   This family living in Durham on current UK census.

So, there are indeed a few male descendents of Norman Faulkner Bent around in England and Australia.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 October 17 04:19 BST (UK) »
Advertisement for a play that Norman was in:
Pall Mall Gazette, Tuesday, June 1, 1886, Issue 6617. (and a few other dates around the same time)

"GLOBE THEATRE (Lessee and Manager Mr C H Hawtrey) Tonight at 9, will be played a new Farcical Comedy adapted from the German by George P Hawtrey, entitled THE PICKPOCKET. Mr W S Penley, Mr Allen, Mr A G Andrews, Mr T Squire, Mr F H Laye, Mr Norman Bent, and Mr W J Hill; Miss Vane Featherstone, Miss Cissy Grahame, Miss Garcia, and Mrs Leigh Murray. Preceded by at Eight, a Drama in one act, THE SINS OF THE FATHERS, by W LESTOCQ. Messrs Stewart Dawson, Draycott and W Lestocq, Mesdames Tyndell and Haydon. Box office open daily from 10 to 6.30. MATINEE of THE PICKPOCKET EVERY SATURDAY, at 3 o'clock.  Business Manager E F Bradley."

Charles HAWTREY was quite influential - his wikipedia page here (includes a mention of "The Pickpocket" at the Globe Theatre)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Hawtrey_(actor_born_1858)

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 October 17 10:34 BST (UK) »
If you have access to Ancestry there are quite a lot of people who have family trees there, so perhaps that is the easiest way to make contact with descendants.

But be sure to do your own research too, as often the trees on Ancestry are suspect to say the least.  I know there are many trees that are well researched but many others have just copied from other trees and have mixed up families - as I've seen when looking at a supposed tree of my family, where the tree owners have mixed up two brothers, their wives, their children, their marriages and their deaths and just made one tree.  Others on Ancestry have copied the whole of the "made up" tree.

I find the trees on Ancestry are a starting point only.

Offline Feliss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 26 November 17 06:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi LeahJordana. Nice to see you on here.  :)