Author Topic: Who Did Thomas Roberts Marry?  (Read 608 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Who Did Thomas Roberts Marry?
« on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:16 BST (UK) »
Thomas Roberts is living in 1851 with his wife Ann and three children in Hope Flintshire.Thomas given as born in Minera in c 1817 and a Slater/Plasterer.Ann is also given as born in Minera in c 1820.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Who Did Thomas Roberts Marry?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:22 BST (UK) »
Have you checked for birth registrations for the children and then used GRO online for mmn?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:26 BST (UK) »
Now it appears I may have been misled earlier by looking at the 1851 Census.I could surely have been forgiven to for looking for a marriage in the lower to mid 1840s.There is a possibility of a marriage between a Thomas Roberts and an Ann Owens at Holywell St James in 1837.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:29 BST (UK) »
Have you checked for birth registrations for the children and then used GRO online for mmn?

It appears the wife's maiden name is Owens.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:34 BST (UK) »
Don't think it's that one WR as they are widower and widow on the banns register so she might not have Owens as a maiden name.

Gadget

added - Thomas is a miner
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
Don't think it's that one WR as they are widower and widow on the banns register so she might not have Owens as a maiden name.

Gadget

added - Thomas is a miner

Thomas is a Slater/Plasterer,however looking again at the given children in 1851 and 1861 her maiden name may well be Williams.In that case we could well be looking at a Marriage at Wrexham St Giles in 1843.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 22 October 17 23:53 BST (UK) »
One thing is for sure and that is that Ann dies in the 1850s for Thomas marries for a second time to a Mary Ann Baines in 1860.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 October 17 11:08 BST (UK) »
The 1843 to Ann Williams is probably correct - both Minera and Thomas was a slater.

PS - when I said Thomas was a miner, I was referring to what was written on  the 1837 marriage cert
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 October 17 13:32 BST (UK) »
The 1843 to Ann Williams is probably correct - both Minera and Thomas was a slater.

PS - when I said Thomas was a miner, I was referring to what was written on  the 1837 marriage cert

All this was in response to a query on the Ancestry Message Boards for Denbighshire which caught my eye.The query stated that all the person knew was that Thomas's daughter  married a Charles Lewis in 1884 and that all she knew was that Thomas was her father.

Though to be fair I'm not surprised thats all the person know,I looked into it all for most of yesteerday,only solving all  of it after I aired the matter here.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire