Author Topic: Jane Jaques and sister Frances  (Read 918 times)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jane Jaques and sister Frances
« on: Monday 23 October 17 08:34 BST (UK) »
Jane Jaques was born 1754 daughter of Joseph and Rebecca did she marry 1788, if so who did she marry?

There is another entry of a Jane Jaques 1754-1825 on find my past so I'm trying to sort out who is who.

Frances Jaques 1743 possibly died 1765 does the burial give an age or daughter of description please.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Jaques and sister Frances
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 October 17 09:43 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage for a Jane Jaques to a William Granger at St Laurence, Reading on 18 Aug 1788. Marriage by Licence and the witnesses were Elizabeth Irving and James Phelps.

Frances Jaques has two burial entries. One, at St Laurence Reading states she was the daughter of Jos. and Rebecca and took place 13 Jan 1765. Register notes state - Dues paid to this Parish - carried to Swallowfield.
The second entry is a burial on the same date at All Saints, Swallowfield so it looks as though the burial service took place in Reading but the coffin was interred at Swallowfield.

Just to confuse things there is also a burial for a Jane Jaques born 1754 died 1825 in Reading. No further details given.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Jaques and sister Frances
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 October 17 10:31 BST (UK) »
Many thanks
The Frances carried to Swallowfield I think is mine as her father Joseph died Reading and requested to be buried at Swallowfield.

Perhaps brother Joseph Jaques married a Jane of the same age